This Disappears When Logged In

I Need Help! Advice Please.

Discussion in 'Reticulated Pythons' started by Hkg, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Hkg

Hkg Elite Member

Okay most of you know due to my spam, I acquired a dwarf reticulated python a little over a month ago. All was great! He was tame, didn't show any sign of aggression. I trusted him around strangers because he was so tame. I took him to the vet, they said all was good. Then a couple says later I took him out for feeding and he was super ****ed off. Not hungry mad but just defensive. But he ate and I put him back, left him alone for 1 week (slightly to large of a meal) he pooped 2 and he is still super defensive. Then my dad insisted he handles him and gives him a bath, so I let him. And he got bit while in the tub. So we put him back and left him alone. I don't know why he's like this. I can't even get him out of his cage anymore. He went from tame to the personality of a wild caught.

Now here's the thing, I noticed bubbles around his mouth. So I'm thinking ri. I called the vet told them about the bubble and how his attitude for the past 2 weeks and they said they'll research and get back to me.
    Now for those of you who are gonna say hook train him. I've tried. The hook only makes him mad. And the previous owner said he never used a hook. Call me a bad snake owner, but I don't want to just reach in and grab him and risk a bite. I've never been but before and don't really want to. Haha. And I know I'm a hypocrite right now, but I think I may have gotten in over my head with this guy.
    So why do you think he is like this? How can I change him back to the old tame him?
    Could it be the possible ri?
    Oh and he is 8ft long, in a 6' by 3' vision cage. With a 87-90° hotspot and 65-75% humidity. He is on news paper, has a water bowl big enough to soak in, and a hide he came with. An I measure the temp with two digital thermometers and a temp gun, and it's hooked up to a tempature controller and humidity with digital hygrometer.

2. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

Thorw a pillow case on top of him (or whatever is big enough to cover him.. towel, blanket, etc) and pull him out. You can put him on your lap until he calms down and then slowly start taking the blanket off and that might help him realize that you are not a threat. That's the only way for me to get Cupcake (BCI) out of her cage without being bitten