This Disappears When Logged In

I just had surgery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ofsthun, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofsthun

Ofsthun Elite Member

Well I just had my knee surgery today and they actually found something after I've been fighting with the physical therapy Doctor and the Military physicians for a while now.
    I also went thru physical therapy back in High school and they couldn't seem to make it any better but they found that I had some extra tissue that was catching on my knee cap and causing the pain.

So now I'm doing good and I got 2 weeks off from work so hopefully I'll be able to walk normal sometime in the next few weeks so I can finish my Argies new Terrarium.

2. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Get well soon!

I'm glad to hear your surgery went well... and that they've finally found the cause of what sounds like a long problem!
    Knees are tricky... give yourself time to heal before "running any marathons" :D

All the best!

3. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Hope you get back on your feet soon! We are thinking of you. Use your time off wisely and spend lots of time on HerpCenter! :D

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Glad to hear that they have found the problem and it can be fixed. Living with constant pain is a real,... well... PAIN! :(
    If you get cabin fever remember there are a lot of folks here to talk to! :D

5. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

glad to hear yur doing well. hope you have a speedy and comfortable recovery! :)

6. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Glad to hear your surgery was a success and that they finally found the problem! lol, I wish I had two weeks off :rolleyes:

7. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

Hey me too! back in may i tore my ACL and medial meniscus both in my left knee and on the 20th of Dec i had my surgery... now i have 6 months of rehab therapy... ****s

But best wishes to you Dubhead and hopefully a full speedy recovery to you!

8. Ofsthun

Ofsthun Elite Member

Well I've just been laying around keeping it up in the air trying to keep the swelling down and so far it's going really well. I'm not taking any of the pain meds anymore because it just doesn't hurt. I will hopefully be back on my feet soon so I can get back to playing with my Argentine Boas.

9. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

Good Luck and speedy recovery...

10. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

All the best to ya!! :)

11. Ofsthun

Ofsthun Elite Member

Well I'm kind of able to walk a little without the crutches so I can get up and move around a lot more and hopefully I'll be able to help with my move into a house at the end of the month.

12. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Moving is the pits,,,,,fake the injury longer and let your friends move ya !!!!

13. Ofsthun

Ofsthun Elite Member

I wish I could but I can't stand sitting still and not being able work on something. I hate that I can't work on a few projects right now till I get into my new house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.