This Disappears When Logged In

I Have a Female Gray Tree Frog!

Discussion in 'Tree Frogs' started by willk, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willk

willk Active Member

I recently posted a thread saying that I was eager to catch a female gray treefrog because I have only caught males in my life. Well yesterday I found a female (by amazing luck, she was just sitting there on a small pine) and I put her in a small aquarium with a male I also found during that evening. The tank was filled with 3-4 inches of water. The male got on her back within 1 minute of being in the tank with her, and in the morning, the tank was full of little eggs floating about and tied to the leaves of little plants I had put in. I'm really happy to have so easily successfully bred treefrogs (well, there still is all the tadpole story...). The 2 lovers are now in the big tank.

And to all the sceptics about catching wild frogs, I would just like to REmention that all the treefrogs I catch in the spring (I limit myself to 2 per year) live in a 210 gallon tank extremely well set-up and on my porch to get the outside temperature and heat (away from direct sunlight of course!) and I let them loose in october.

If I take pictures I'll post them!

2. DELTALEE

DELTALEE Well-Known Member

That is wonderful news,the more frogs in the wild the better and you also have the joy of having them as pets for awhile before you let them go

3. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

I would get attached to them and never let them go :eek:

4. willow98b

willow98b Active Member

that is really sweet but how can you tell the gender? I have a grey tree frog and would like to know how

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.