This Disappears When Logged In

I Dont Know What to Do.

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by jfogle78, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

I will have to get a copy of my lease and see what it says. But if it will cost me a lawyer to fight, Im screwed.

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

There are lots of laws out there to protect renters from such nonsense. I would contact the state or county for their rules. Don't give up so easy! I would be fighting tooth and nail to keep my pets. In fact, its probably on their website.

Found this.
    http://www.hud.gov/local/pa/renting/tenantrights.cfm

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Consumers/landlord_tenant_act.pdf

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/consumers.aspx?id=405

http://www.ocl.pitt.edu/rental/tenant-rights.html

Also, check out your local library. They usually have all the updated laws on hand and easy to find.

3. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Does your lease say no animals?

4. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

I don't remember and I can't find the original. So I'm waiting for a copy

5. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

They are giving me 72 hours to have everything removed before they proceed with eviction. Verbal agreements mean nothing[​IMG]

6. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

That sucks. Sorry.

7. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

I found a home for Iggy and Venus close by, and they gave us the option of getting them back. So far that's all.

8. bethany

bethany Elite Member

Wow that is horrible I am so sorry to hear that this is happening. I am down in MD about 1.5 away from york pa, if it gets too bad and you need a place to keep a smaller pet for a lil while Id be willing to "babysit" for you. Hope all goes well and you can find some good places for your reps.

9. schlegelbagel

I dunno, I would still try and work with the fire department. It can't hurt to talk to them. They HAVE to give you 30 days minimum to evict, so that give you some time.

MARS rescue

10. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

I'm not taking any chances, I know how these people work and I'm just going to do what I have to they got me on the fact that there is no proof that I had consent to keep them. How they figure that I altered the apartment is beyond me, none of the cages are built into the walls or floor. I'm hoping to be out of this dump in the next year. All of the city hoodlums are moving in here and its getting to be like the ghetto.

11. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

I'd fight it- there is often free legal assistance through local libraries- it takes a long time to get someone evicted, and they have to have a legal reason to evict! You have time, look for a new home for yourself and your pets! If you show that you are willing to fight (while remaining reasonable) they may back down. Good luck!

12. schlegelbagel

I say let them evict you and find a new place that is animal friendly.

13. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

If I didn't have kids I might take that route.

14. schlegelbagel

ah, I didn't know there were kids in the mix! That makes it a little more difficult.

15. nicole

nicole Elite Member

If the lease states no pets, then that is exactly what it means. No Birds, dogs, cats, ferrets, rabbits, reptiles, and can even go all the way down to the small goldfish in a bowl.

Now if it states no dogs or cats then you have them.

I have a few properties that state absolutely NO PETS. That means I could evict them for keeping a betta in a bowl.

It is all in how it is worded.

I would see what the lease says. I find it interesting though that your property manager could not just whip yours right out of a file. They have all of those on file.

16. nicole

nicole Elite Member

Oh as far as letting them evict you. I would not go there either, with or without kids. An eviction stays on your credit report for 10 years, good luck renting a place with that on there. It will also damage your credit score which in turn will leave you unable to get a loan or something, should you possibly need it. Definitely do not want to be messing around with that. An eviction is a legal judgement against you, does not look good.

17. jfogle78

jfogle78 Elite Member

We got a copy, it says no animals:(

18. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

This is so sad!

19. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

Well, I hate to hear this. I hope you find good homes for everybody.

20. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

so you have to rehome all your pets? sad. I wish I lived closer to help you out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.