This Disappears When Logged In

I Did It Again...

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by Thalatte, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

So I went to petsmart (sheesh how many times have we heard this start of a story?) to buy some crickets and the lady that was bagging my crickets started asking about what I was feeding and after hearing my list of cricket eaters she asked a few other questions-one of which was "so do you like reptiles?" to which I replied "I certainly hope so or I need to rethink my deocrating scheme!" (she didnt find this that funny)

SO I turned serious and explained what I do a bit. Then she started talking about the last shipment of goldfish the petstore recieved. Which confused me greatly as it seemed a bit of a non sequitur. Well apparently there was a tadpole in the shipment that was almost completely transformed so she took it home temporarily and now needs a home for it.

She said it is a (now transformed) leopard frog...So my qeustion is what do I do now? Can some one give me a basic rundown of their care? obviously they need crickets but what size cage? At what temps? do they need UV lights? What should the humidity be at? how big do they get? are they arboreal or terrestrial? Anything else that I need to know in order to setup a tank?

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

PS if it helps narrow down the frog species it is something native to Arkansas.

3. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

4. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

That is funny. I don't know anything about them. But I see how easily people can get roped into rescues lol

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Tia I thought you said that you had no more room ;) Good luck with the new guy!

6. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

There is always room

7. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I don't! But looks like the reptile room will overflow into my room. I had to take back a small tank from one of my friends that had been using it for plants. It's only a 10gal but it should work for one frog until I can get an exoterra bought and set up.

Thanks for the link Lopez.

8. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

Thala, I think a lot of us are in at over flow these days expect Joey and his fancy new room (j/k Buddy), In order to keep up with my collection I'm currently looking for a big place, What size Exo Terra are you looking for, I'm sure I have that size around here

9. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

It's ok the froglet ended up dieing before I could pick it up so no need to set up another tank.

10. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

Sorry :(

11. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

sorry Tia, now you know you might as well have an extra tank around

12. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Yeah I was kinda looking forward to having something on my desk but I guess it's better this way since tai is being such a pain.

13. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Awww that is too bad :(

14. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

Sorry to hear that.

15. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Boo :( I didn't have time to reply to this thread but I've been checking it for updates. Sorry to hear the little guy didn't make it.