This Disappears When Logged In

Hypothermia in Young Ball

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by leslielenee, Nov 25, 2009.

1. leslielenee

leslielenee Elite Member

My 2 year old female ball pushed as it was reaching 60 here in buffalo.
    I tore the house apart for two weeks...When I finally found her, she was, of course, lethargic and limp...
    I warmed her first with body heat...Then with the cooler side of her tank...Then moved her to the heat pad.
    I noticed that her internal organ area (the front half) of her body was larger than the rest of her...
    After warming gently for two hours this evened out...
    But now she is acting like IBD.
    I see her struggling with this and want some information...
    Am I the first one anywhere on the internet that has suffered this sort of trama.
    Any information to help me get through the night till a vet opens would be greatly appreciated.

2. leslielenee

leslielenee Elite Member

She is begining to gain the ability to right herself faster. She is displaying the ability to deny vertigo earlier in the process of trying to move. Still has little control over quicker movements...and tends to still tie herself in knots.
    However, traveling in straight lines is now possible for her.
    She has a contusion on her neck wich maybe could be some of the problem...
    Praying that this is not a permanent disability...and seeing as the body function seems to be improving, I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    Come on vet...Open.
    (4 1/2 hours after discovery)

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

IBD is a contagagious disease, not something brought on by cold. And the swelling of the upper body sounds strange.
    Good luck and let us know what the vet tells
    you!

4. leslielenee

leslielenee Elite Member

infection. Baytril for two weeks... raise temps...
    She still writhes a little occasionally and sometimes still forgets that there is a body back there. but other than that she's fine...
    And from the look of things she contracted the infection from the scuff on her neck since the RI is not all that far advanced...
    Which is curious because of the length of time that she was exposed to those buffalo temps.
    There was also a huge regurge of mucus...which she said came from the stomach, not the lungs. Which I thought was odd because she has been fasting for 2 months now...