This Disappears When Logged In

Hygrotherm, CHE, and Mistking?

Discussion in 'Humidity' started by mikeyp03, Mar 8, 2013.

1. mikeyp03

mikeyp03 Elite Member

So I was planning on getting a Zoomed Hygrotherm to control a CHE and a Mistking.

Now I'm wondering if it would be necessary...?

The Mistking comes with its own timer, so I guess I could just set that to come on whenever. Then use a t-stat to control the CHE.
    Or should I use the Mistking without the timer and just plug it directly into the Hygrotherm?

What are some opinions on this?
    So far I only have the Mistking and the timer that comes with it, so I'm completely open to any ideas.

2. justor

justor Elite Member

Does the hygrotherm work as a thermostat, but for humidity? If so that would probably be more reliable than just using the timer on the mistking. That way it will only come on when it's actually needed, and will save you a lot of time trying to figure out just how often it needs to come on to maintain good humidity. It might make your life a little easier, but it's not a necessity.

3. mikeyp03

mikeyp03 Elite Member

Hmmm yea the hygrotherm is a thermostat and humidistat so it can can control both. What you said makes sense maybe ill stick to my plan and not use the timer and just connect the mistking into the hygrotherm.
    Thanks for the help!