This Disappears When Logged In

Hygrometer

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Leanne130, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Leanne130

Leanne130 Established Member

Hey guys my hygrometer finally came! What would be the best side to install? Hot or cold? And what should it read when in shed and it in shed?? I don't want to risk her getting that skin disease.. thanks in advance.

Also I bought a skull for her enclosure, but it's really sharp on some places I don't want her hurting herself on it.. would send paper work?

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

You have the right idea. Sand paper should work. Humidity should stay between 40-60. You can put it in the middle and aim for 50%. Just keep it a distance away from the water bowl, humid hide, and heat lamp as much as possible.
    Humidity should stay the same throughout the shed cycle. However, you might give your humid hide a light misting when you see she's in blue.

Leanne130 likes this.
  3. Leanne130

Thanks very much! Great help!! Means a lot as this hygrometer has been coming for about a month now ahhaha finally here

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, just in case you don`t already know, place the hygrometer fairly low down and move it to different areas in the enclosure now and again...

AmityReptiles and Leanne130 like this.
  5. Leanne130

Oh I didn't know that thanks very much!:p:D:oops:

6. Leanne130

Snapchat-114774978.jpg this is the skull

murrindindi likes this.
  7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I should have said; the reason for placing the hygrometer low down is because that`s where the snake normally is (genius)!! ;)

AmityReptiles and Leanne130 like this.
  8. Leanne130

See genius over here goodness;) will be hearing back from me more than likely ah ha! I just like to make sure she gets everything and I'm doing everything right as I love her so much no joke:oops::rolleyes::)

9. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

It`s seriously good you`re trying to do your best, keep asking questions!
    Would I be correct in thinking at some point you might want another snake (or lizard) in order to learn even more about reptiles? I started with skinks (small types then Blue tongues) I caught around the neighbourhood and finally to keeping varanids (my personal favourites)...

Leanne130 likes this.
  10. Leanne130

I already want another one! I seen a beautiful wee male up where I got shakira; I want him:p and you have no idea I want loads of reptiles and animals it's so bad;)and we don't have wild reptiles or anything in northern ireland:(

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It's like old potato chip commercial. No one can eat just one.
    But be careful. New keepers can be so enamored with them and find themselves acquiring more and more to the point it ceases to be fun and becomes a job.

Leanne130 likes this.
  12. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I thought there was a snake species and one skink species in Ireland (have you tried an extensive search)??? ;)

Leanne130 likes this.
  13. Leanne130

I'm not going to turn out like that

murrindindi likes this.
  14. Leanne130

Didn't know that lol. I'll have to have a closer look;)

murrindindi likes this.
  15. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

16. Leanne130

17. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Noooooooooooooooo, you just haven`t searched far and wide enough!

Leanne130 likes this.
  18. Leanne130

Oh I have searched many of lands

19. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

I live in the middle of the USA, and supposedly we have a decent amount of reptiles, but I hardly ever see them. Usually just a garter snake here and there, when I go away from the city more I see skinks here and there, and a couple odd lizards. They're very good at hiding! So I can understand if you only have 2 or 3 types of reptiles that you haven't seen them yet.

Leanne130 likes this.
  20. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

You mean you looked out of the window but couldn`t see one so you gave up (typical girl if you ask me).... :cool:

Leanne130 likes this.