This Disappears When Logged In

Hyaluronic Acid For Swollen Gums?

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by zard72, Jan 24, 2016.

1. zard72

zard72 Well-Known Member

Ok. I'll cover the top with foil and see about a heater. Any advice on how to keep the basking spot from getting mildew on it?

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Covering the whole top as completely as possible is URGENT, as is checking the temps and humidity (that includes the basking surface temp with an IR Temp-gun).
    If you do those things I suspect you won`t have too many problems with mold.
    To recap, you need to place stout, firmly fixed branches so the animal can use as much of the space as possible, bearing in mind you make sure he/she cannot get too close to the Powersun (a MINIMUM of 30cm).
    Then something solid as a basking object that will hold the heat (that could even be a very stout branch).

3. zard72

zard72 Well-Known Member

Ok. Will he still get enough air circulation if I cover most of the top with foil?

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Yes, there will be sufficient air exchange when you open the enclosure to place food/water and spot clean.
    Until you make these modifications so the conditions fully support the lizard the medication won`t work very well, if at all.
    Again, it`s urgent you make these changes, every day that you wait is putting his health at great risk, the immune system is already compromised.

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

ALL of the top (not some or most of it) needs covering as completely as possible.

6. zard72

zard72 Well-Known Member

Ok. Thank you. I'll wait for your reply about the vet.

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

The vet hasn`t got back to me but as I explained earlier, the diluted iodine is just as effective combined with the antibiotics.
    Have you made any modifications at all?

8. zard72

zard72 Well-Known Member

I covered the top with foil and took out the other powersun. I put a heat lamp in because it still wasn't warm enough. I'm working on getting the heat gun and the ceramic tile.

9. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I don`t understand why you need more heat with a 160w Powersun if the room temps stay around 23c? If that`s the case all you need to do is provide the basking surface temp of approx. 35c...
    Can you put another photo up of the whole enclosure as it is right now?

10. zard72

zard72 Well-Known Member

The enclosure is the same as before, but with foil on top and the heat lamp. I'm just using the heat lamp temporarily till I can get the tile which will be his basking spot. :)