This Disappears When Logged In

Humidity Survey

Discussion in 'General' started by bloodballx, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodballx

bloodballx New Member

If anyone could help me with an 8 question Yes or No answer survey to help introduce a new product I’m inventing to help all snake and reptile owners. It would be greatly appreciated and at the end of the month 2 people that respond are getting one free for their time and effort. THANK YOU - Brad Poole

1.Do you own a snake or another reptile for a pet?

2.If so, does your animal require a certain amount of humidity in his enclosure?

3.To keep the humidity at the right level correct at all times, how many times SHOULD you mist your cage/enclosures each day to keep the correct humidity?

4.If so how many times DO you mist your cage/enclosures each day or week?

5.Do you see this as sometimes as an inconvenience taking three times or more out of your day to spray down your cage?

6.Are there days where are away from your pet all day and do not have time to control the humidity in the cage/enclosures?

7.Do you have a problem keeping your cage/enclosures humidity correct?

8.If there was a cost effective, high quality, easy to use product that could control the humidity itself in your cage/enclosures at all times with a simple set up switch. Would this product be something you would consider purchasing at a reasonable price?

1.__________
    2.__________
    3.__________
    4.__________
    5.__________
    6.__________
    7.__________
    8.__________

Attached Files:

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

How would/will this survey assist you in the invention? I am not certain if you know, but you can currently purchase a digital timer and misting kit that will allow you to have it trigger whenever you wish. You can even set for how long it is to go off. (I have one.)

I am just curious how your product will differ from this.

3. jimijaw

jimijaw Active Member

This guy is all over the internet with the same questions, I really wonder if he really has anything that will actually work? Jimi

4. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Im thinking that keeping the humidity the same in the environment at all times would NOT be a great thing...humidity changes from day to night doesnt it??? So would keeping humidity levels high 24 hrs a day....I dont know...doesnt sound like a naturalistic thing to me....

5. The JD

The JD Elite Member

I'd imagine having a control with a day/night time setting in which you can set the humidity levels for day and night, as well as the time frame of day/night and have a socket or two connected to it. Even if it had two sockets, one which turns on if humidity goes below a range and one that goes on if it goes above a range, so you can have a mister (On a set time interval already) or a fogger that'll go on when humidity is low, or a fan that turns on when the humidity is high. That would be nice.

6. jimijaw

jimijaw Active Member

Now this sounds like an ideal machine but the cost would have to be fairly low for those of that have many snakes. Jimi

7. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

I'm filling this out, because I will be having one big enclosure, which requires humidity. I don't mind filling it out. I have frogs.

1.Do you own a snake or another reptile for a pet? -yes

2.If so, does your animal require a certain amount of humidity in his enclosure? yes, 50% or higher

3.To keep the humidity at the right level correct at all times, how many times SHOULD you mist your cage/enclosures each day to keep the correct humidity? -I mist my tank once a day. Between that and watering plants, it keeps the humidity between 50% and 85%

4.If so how many times DO you mist your cage/enclosures each day or week? -see previous question

5.Do you see this as sometimes as an inconvenience taking three times or more out of your day to spray down your cage? no

6.Are there days where are away from your pet all day and do not have time to control the humidity in the cage/enclosures? - only if i go away on vacation

7.Do you have a problem keeping your cage/enclosures humidity correct? -no

8.If there was a cost effective, high quality, easy to use product that could control the humidity itself in your cage/enclosures at all times with a simple set up switch. Would this product be something you would consider purchasing at a reasonable price? -probably, as long as it wasn't going to break the bank. I know there are misting systems you can program to go off at certain times, but they are rather expensive.

8. kremlinator

kremlinator Banned User

1.Do you own a snake or another reptile for a pet?
    About a billion, though only one snake is in my house

2.If so, does your animal require a certain amount of humidity in his enclosure?
    Yep

3.To keep the humidity at the right level correct at all times, how many times SHOULD you mist your cage/enclosures each day to keep the correct humidity?
    Depends on time of year. Right now my reptile room is a whopping 60% WITHOUT spraying for the last month or so. Crazy. Usually I give it one good spraying per day when humidity isn't going insane.

4.If so how many times DO you mist your cage/enclosures each day or week?
    Once per day, depending on the rooms ambient humidity (spraying cages raises the humidity in the room like 10-15%

5.Do you see this as sometimes as an inconvenience taking three times or more out of your day to spray down your cage?
    I'm in there at least 12 times a day so it doesn't bother me that much. Would be nice to take a thing off the 'to do' list when I'm making my rounds.

6.Are there days where are away from your pet all day and do not have time to control the humidity in the cage/enclosures?
    Definately.

7.Do you have a problem keeping your cage/enclosures humidity correct?
    Nope. I'm pro. Just kiddin' I'm sure it fluctuates wildly in some rare instances

8.If there was a cost effective, high quality, easy to use product that could control the humidity itself in your cage/enclosures at all times with a simple set up switch. Would this product be something you would consider purchasing at a reasonable price?
    You mean like a humdifier attached to a thermostat-like thing that turns on said humidifier when humidity gets too low? Depends on how much.

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

This post is from February and the poster has not been back since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.