This Disappears When Logged In

Humidity Help Please

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by Rebecca Yoxall, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Rebecca Yoxall

Rebecca Yoxall Active Member

2. Rebecca Yoxall

Does anybody know what these spots are... They are not mites and they are not ticks they do not move when I got her she was in rough shape she is getting a hundred times better I have been giving her Betadine baths and then putting Neosporin on it I'm just wondering what they are or could it be a scale that didn't shed good I'm going to post some before and after pictures just in the past 12 days please let me know what you think

Attached Files:

3. Rebecca Yoxall

This is today Screenshot_20171225-191442.png Screenshot_20171225-191442.png Screenshot_20171225-191314.png Screenshot_20171225-191442.png

4. Rebecca Yoxall

This is today the black is starting to go away

5. Rebecca Yoxall

I just want to know what people think that is from it did not happen when I had her I got her with this light brown thick scab all over her which then came off and it was all black underneath and now the black is starting to turn green again with the help of Betadine and Neosporin also what do you guys think those black little dots are on her stomach. They are not mites they are not ticks

6. Rebecca Yoxall

7. Rebecca Yoxall

There is also this brown in the crevice of her thigh. Again I do not believe they are mites I see no movement whatsoever and I have seen mites and ticks on reptiles before.. is this normal

8. Rebecca Yoxall

close up of inside of thigh

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The spots are likely small injuries that are healing. I am not seeing anything to be concerned with.
    But kudos to you for being observant!