This Disappears When Logged In

How many herps is too many herps?

Discussion in 'General' started by grim, Jul 7, 2006.

?

how many herps is too many?

1. one(noone better check this one)

1.0%
  2. two

1.0%
  3. three

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. four

1.0%
  5. five or more

6.2%
  6. other(a particular number higher than 5

21.6%
  7. Theres no such thing as too many herps

69.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpindleHead

SpindleHead Elite Member

This is a symptom of our "throw away society", If something breaks it is almost always cheaper to buy a new one than to fix the old one. It's a real shame.

2. Disturbedcries87

Disturbedcries87 Elite Member

maybe one more :D. I agree with the others its poersonally up to you and your life style

3. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

I just got a call from a young lady I have know for about 3 years wanting to know if she could bring her dwarf bunny here for a few months. Of course Sean said yes, my response was, I bet I can find some critter who would like to eat rabbit. I guess what I'm saying is that I didn't want one more pet to take care of that I really didn't choose to have. I know the young lady isn't too happy with me, but at some place you have to put limits on animals. I would prefer some kind of snake that doesn't require extensive daily care.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Thats the problem with taking in unwanted animals. Once the word gets out next thing you know you have everyone around trying to dump their unwanted pets on you.
    As hard as it is you have to draw the line and decide whats best for you.

5. SpindleHead

SpindleHead Elite Member

Agreed Merlin, you have to be able to care for the pets you already have without comprimising that care for another. I am not saying you can't handle it but the more you add the more money and time you have to devote to another. There are only so many hours in the day.

6. schtickl

schtickl Member

I picked other. I breed and when its baby time, whoa is it crazy. I know how tough is is for some people to have one herp. Of course I can afford to house and take care of my herps but what I have found out is, the majority cannot. (Not you guys lol but many people who decide its nice to get 5 lizards in a tank and then let them go, stop feeding them, or other means)

7. Marine

Marine Elite Member

I think it all depends on how well of a life you can provide for each animal. Certainly if you have too many, you don't get much one-on-one daily contact with those animals, and "some" people don't always take good & proper care of their pets, esp if they have too many. Also it depends on your finances/money you can afford and time you have available to care for each one. My personal opinion, Marine

8. kremlinator

kremlinator Banned User

too many is when the number of reptiles exceeds your ability, monetarily or effortwise, to care for them.

9. Dark-Side

Dark-Side Active Member

i voted other but like many others have said its up to how much care you can give
    some have the time and funds for many, some for only a few. all i hope for is that anyone and everyone that gets a animal will love it and not see it as something that is replaceable like i see far too often :(
    when i first got my wd i spent just as much as i did to get him to have his health checked up and now currently about to spend over $200 for a enclosure and plants for it and im more than happy to do it :)
    I'd like to have more reps but know i dont have room for more at one point i will and at that point my house my look more like a zoo :D

10. Hide Clyde

Hide Clyde Elite Member

I won't vote simply because like so many others have stated it depends on so much more than a simple number pulled out of the air.

11. meki

meki Elite Member

Agree with Rich :)

12. barnkat

barnkat Elite Member

I agree with Rich and Merlin, and everyone else who says it is an individual thing, depending on time and money and ability to care for what you have. My vets are very cool people who I rely on a lot, but not cheap! I find my largest expenses are in my horses though. If they feel your not paying them their due, they do something stupid, so you have the vet out (never less than $300).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.