This Disappears When Logged In

household bulb

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by IGGYOWNER, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IGGYOWNER

IGGYOWNER Elite Member

Hi. the bulb i have right now isn't bright enough and i thought it was because of it being old so i bought a new one and still doesn't give off much light. i was wondering if i could use a normal 60W household bulb for light for my iguana. he falls asleep during the day because it isn't bright enough for him. i have a 60W soft white household bulb on him now so he doesn't fall asleep during the day but i don't know what kind of effects this will have on him. is this alright or will it harm him?

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Household light bulbs are fine for reptiles, but only as long as you have another light for basking and one for uvb,,unless you buy a combo light for your iguana. Have you received these yet?

3. IGGYOWNER

IGGYOWNER Elite Member

i have ordered some but they haven't come in yet. i have the basking and uvb bulbs in one from reptileuv.com. they are the mega ray SB 100 series bulbs. this one is just until i get the other bulbs in.

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Then a 60 watt would not be near enough warm for basking. Are you using something for a heat source?

5. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

I think when we use regular light bulbs before the maga ray came in we used 100w.

6. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

What other heat sources are you using with the light? (That light is fine so long as it is warm enough.) Even with the meag ray, in the large enclosure you are building, you will need additional heating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.