This Disappears When Logged In

House American Toad and White's Tree Frog Together

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by MamaGwynn, Jan 26, 2010.

1. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Re: House American Toad and White's Tree Frog Together?

Glad they will be in a better home. The Whites sounds like he was dehydrated, hence buried under the substrate. He should become more tree like with proper humidity and a dish for soaking. Poor thing.

2. MamaGwynn

MamaGwynn Elite Member

He did soak for a long time last night. I think he shed his skin too? One of the times I checked on him last night he was opening his mouth over and over and it looked like he had some skin hanging off, I didn't cut the light on though I didn't want to bother him. He climbed all over the sides of the cage and seems content now in his tree. He was a dark brown color when we got him here but he now has the pretty green color.

3. schlegelbagel

Yes, that was a shed. Glad he turned green and up in some branches. That mean's he's settling in. Do you know if its a boy or girl?

4. MamaGwynn

MamaGwynn Elite Member

I have no clue! Is there a way to tell with tree frogs and toads?

What type of frog is that on your avatar?

5. schlegelbagel

My avatar is a WTF. That's Grace. Females are larger. Males are smaller and will croak. Give yours a few weeks to settle in. My males like to answer to weird sounds, like me playing the drums on Rock Band, or the vacuum cleaner.

6. MamaGwynn

MamaGwynn Elite Member

That'shilarious! I thought I heard one of them making a squeaky noise last night, but couldn't tell which one it was.

Grace is very perdy.

7. schlegelbagel

Grace isn't going to be with us much longer. She's older than old (10 years+) and has decided she doesn't really want to eat any more :(

8. MamaGwynn

MamaGwynn Elite Member

Oh wow. So sorry to hear that. Sounds like she's had a nice long life and she's just ready to pass on. :(

9. schlegelbagel

Her original tank mate died over 3 years ago, so I'm guessing its just her time. I'll miss her, she was funny. I haven't owned her entire life, but a good portion of it.