This Disappears When Logged In

Horned Toad!!!

Discussion in 'Herp Photos' started by grim, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grim

grim Elite Member

Well i released him today but not before i took lots of pictures of him outside

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here are the rest of the pics
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v321/grimdeath/pets/

i also made a vid of releasing the little sucker hehe its quite fun to see them scurry about, i hope he doesn't get eaten, i saw a roadrunner in my yard fifteen minutes earlier and scared it off.

http://media.putfile.com/horned-toad-release

now ive got plenty of pictures to remember such a pretty lizard by, did i mention its the first time ive ever personally captured a horn toad. Also i found it interesting to note that there is a presence of a harvester ants(alot of them) where i initially found the little dude, maybe theres more horned toads to catch.

2. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

neat pics. hahahahhaha i love the video. especially the "music". it was great. :D i watched it a couple times because of it.

3. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

I'm going to show my kids the video tomorrow!

4. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Cute little guy.

5. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Haha nice video...i too loved the commentary and the music. he was a fast little guy!

6. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

Kids loved the video (and commentary, lol) and the photos -- thanks! Then we looked at my little ceramic (well, I think it's plastic resin) statue of a horned toad and talked about what kind of environment they live in and why we can't find them here. I think they wanna go to Texas!

7. jcr

jcr Active Member

Horny toads!!!! Thanks so much for sharing. I used to see them all the time when I was a kid. They were very common where I am in south central Oklahoma, but I don't see them anymore. It's really too bad. About 10 years ago, I was a city mail carrier. I spotted one on my route & decided that I wanted to take him home because I knew that my son had never seen one. There was a little old lady that got a plastic butter dish for me, but I couldn't catch the horny toad!!:eek: (not as fast as when I was a kid I guess!!!:D )
    I'm so glad you got to catch one, Grim. What a treat!

8. kagerou

kagerou Elite Member

Nice I love Horned Lizards, watching them eat is awesome.

9. colt

colt Member

Very nice pics! The music for that video is amazing! Who wrote it? Bach? Beethoven? Who knows we may have the next great composer.:D

10. GUTHRIE1366

GUTHRIE1366 Member

Those R Great Pics! Thanks For Sharing Them. I've Heard Of Them But Never Seen One. Its Sooo Cute.

11. chptsa

chptsa Active Member

Very appreciative of the pics and vid. Never get to see them, and I've looked. Its good to know that they are still around. That one had some really neat markings. Thanks for sharing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.