This Disappears When Logged In

Homepage on App

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by CentriRitanni, Aug 16, 2012.

1. CentriRitanni

CentriRitanni Elite Member

I know Rich didn't write the phone app, but would it be possible for the phone app to have a homepage like the website does? Maybe it's just me, but when I go into a thread, then back to the home page, the only thread I can see is the one I just posted in, so I have to go through each forum looking for threads.

After I go into a thread, my homepage looks like the homepage shown rather than full of threads as it was upon first logging in.

Secondarily, the phone app is glitching. If I go into a thread through the forum page, after about thirty seconds, I get the error message shown.

Attached Files:

2. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

My cell phone is over 8 years old and I still have no clue about what it can do. A new phone like yours would melt what is left of my brain :p

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

We tried to make some changes to the current app but unfortunately the source code is not accessible, making it impossible for us to update. I believe my hubby is going to start from scratch and make a new app. I have no idea when he can start though things are hectic with a teething baby ;)

4. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

528547_4116985798701_250619745_n.jpg

5. CentriRitanni

Teething babies can code, just give them a keyboard to chew on. ;)

6. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I can't do anything to the mobile app. Vbulletin creates and updates the app with each upgrade. When they upgrade the app on their end, I upgrade the app on my end for everyone to download. I upgraded the app about a month ago (or so) I believe. Try redownloading it to see if it fixes anything. There app is also designed for a standalone vbulletin version. HC is HEAVILY customized.

7. CentriRitanni

Did so. Now I just can't view threads by Aja specifically. Weird.