This Disappears When Logged In

Hog Island Boa?

Discussion in 'Hog Island Boas' started by crepers86, Feb 23, 2012.

1. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

I believe through research and asking around and explaining my new boa that this is what I have however one person I talked to from youtube believes that it may be a "mutt" Hog Island with BCI, However I am thinking it may be hypo hog island boa, and maybe or maybe not Hypo Red Tail. of course my pics are not what I see when I look at it in person what I see in person is something more like whats on the bottom of the the following link. PMHerps . Captive Bred Reptiles

now here is a close enough pic of it to this but much darker

IMG_20120218_190736-1.jpg

Still I am not liking that pic, due that it isn't bring out the true colors of my snake which has a lot of orange on it like a hypo hog. I will continue to research until I am certin of what I have... Other then the fact this thing is pure evil.

I have some videos up on you tube you can see the color and patterning a lot better. If this is the case or if its just flat out Hog Island what could the worth of the snake be

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Here is my friend link; he has a hypo hog island and a wild hog island boa, you can see the 5th snake is a Hypo and the 6th is a hog island.
    The Ark - Isaac's Ark

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Creepers I don't believe you have a Hogg Island Boa, can you post a better pic? (I've had 2 Hoggs)

4. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

That's what I keep telling people! the pics look different then what you see with the naked eye. with the naked eye it looks like a cross between a hypo hog and a hog according to the link i have above

5. mshrmheadcharge

Both of my Hoggs had a really good temperament...no Attitude at all, but the peruvian...she was a different story entirely! If you can get her out in the sun and take some pics I can tell you if she's a hoggie or not...

Even just a close up of her face would help

6. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

She just ate a bigger meal yesterday then what she has been I don't want to stress it out but I will get a pic as in a couple days I have been able to get it from the back of the head already safely

7. mshrmheadcharge

8. bigboas

bigboas Elite Member

Yah I agree with mushroom that looks nothing like a hog and as far as I know of there is no wild hoggs since the 80s. Even in a crummy pic you can tell the diffetences between any boa and a hog. I dont baleve thats a hogg at all personally.

9. TNK

TNK Member

That is not a Hog Island BCI,at least you know how to correctly spell the name.
    Good looking critter though.

10. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

I have seen some Hogg Island x common boa snakes at the Columbus, Ohio Reptile Show that looks alot like the one in the picture. What does the tail look like? I could list the ways why that is not a normal Hogg if it is at all. Also to answer your question, the most I have ever seen Hogg Island Boa's go for (other than morphs) is $125.00.

11. crepers86

crepers86 Elite Member

after talking to few breeders its a mutt, and wasn't worth what the pet store was selling it for. how ever did they include that i was hypo and did maybe of salmon but unsure unless they new the parents

12. TNK

TNK Member

The reason they are so cheap is some breeders decided to clean them up and breed
    away the speckles for the colors,(washed out)
    Then the market shifted after saturation of the "Hogg Island" and now there is a return
    and demand for the true bred wild type "HOG Island"BCI

If its spelled with two G's its a market mutt and now where near a "locale specific"
    Sears and Lemke never imported or bred Hogg Island BCI.