This Disappears When Logged In

Hi!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jsolida, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Jsolida

Jsolida Member

New to being on the forums. Most of my experience has been offline:) Vet tech for 19 years, started taking in rescue and rehab cases about 10 years ago when I decided to open my home to medically needy/"unadoptable" reptiles as a sanctuary. Future goals are to have a facility open to the public for educational purposes. In the meantime I try to stay active in the online reptile community to educate and to continue to learn new things. I have a great passion for reptiles but monitors (more specifically Savs) are my favorites. Hoping that my new experience of being on the forums will be a positive one❤

Lori68 likes this.
  2. Lori68

Lori68 Established Member

Hey there :) Glad you could make it. Forums like this one was where I was able to pick up on a lot of valuable advice that served me well when I first started keeping monitors (as you already know since I link you some of the archived posts on here and another forum). I personally have learned a lot from you as well, so thanks for being here!

Jsolida likes this.
  3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I'm sure you're full of great information to share.
    Welcome to HC.

Jsolida and Lori68 like this.
  4. Jsolida

Jsolida Member

Thank you Lori for for the encouragement and to you both for the warm welcome!

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi Jenifer, there used to be another lady with the same name on one of the Facebook groups, she also had a "friend" (in the loosest term) called Lori, if you`re that same person its very nice to see you here (sort of), I hope you give some updates of your monitors, I haven`t heard much recently... Thanks! ;)

Lori68 and Jsolida like this.
  6. Jsolida

Jsolida Member

Haha Hi to one of my most favorite men of the reptile community "Murrindindi". All the Sav kids are doing great. Aries and Mila are together short term for another breeding attempt, which they are being rather lazy about. The hatchling will hopefully be moved outside shortly, with all the heavy rain and storms we have been getting there has been a considerable delay. We also just recieve another Sav surrender, best guess is that it is around a year old, unconfirmed sex. The last owner had no set up and the monitor was allowed to free roam the house and power fed rodents. Going slow with that one since being with us and how it is now being kept is a huge (stressful) adjustment.

murrindindi and Lori68 like this.
  7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Can you put a few photos up please, Jenifer (otherwise Lori won`t believe you)?

Jsolida and Lori68 like this.
  8. Lori68

For sure, pics or it didn't happen ;)

Jsolida likes this.
  9. Jsolida

Jsolida Member

20180724_113307.jpg

Lori68 likes this.
  10. Jsolida

Jsolida Member

That is the newest addition "Sonic"

11. Jsolida

Jsolida Member

20180723_154712.jpg Mila and Aries

Darkbird and Lori68 like this.
  12. Jsolida

Jsolida Member

Duck- the hatchling 20180729_160731.jpg

Darkbird and Lori68 like this.
  13. Lori68

Did the kids name the newest intake that name? Lol surely didn't get named for the streamlined profile. Poor girl (as we guess) but hopefully with better conditions and an improved diet, you'll get that one on the right track. I also see Mila is keeping Aries under her thumb when she gets that lovey dovey feeling to her usual hateful self haha. The little Duck is getting that "I hate you" sav look down pretty good!

Jsolida likes this.
  14. Jsolida

Jsolida Member

Lol yes, the kids have been watching Sonic the Hedgehog lately, and for as portly as the newest Sav is, it's pretty quick! We also discovered it's a climber:) I love this time of the year, Mila gets all lovey dovey with Aries and some spills over to me, I can actually touch her without being attacked. Duck is a weird one, it has been more comfortable with human presence but tongs and cell phones are still possibly the "boogyman", something to be leary of.

Lori68 likes this.
  15. Jsolida

Jsolida Member

20180726_132556.jpg Sonic getting some much needed excercise

Lori68 likes this.
  16. Lori68

That's fantastic, thanks for the pics :) Since I'm not able to see them in your sav group anymore, I too miss out on a lot