This Disappears When Logged In

Hi Guys

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Natz, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Natz

Natz New Member

Its been such a long time on here I forgot my user name & p.w!! I'm a dope! Lol Its Nat & IGGz from the Central Coast Ca. My concern is my Iggie is 17 on 4\20 & seems to be losing her eyesite! She sadly has fallen off her basking shelf & the last time she BENT her tail, took her to her Dr right away & she said keep a eye on it! Which I have!! Night & day! I have a appt Mon cuz her tail is now LIMP from where it was bent! Plus her urine is tinged w\ orange. She hasn't eaten much lately but drinking H2o. Her daytime temp is 85-90 nite is 80. She has everything needed to keep her healthy! I don't kno what to do !!!!! I don't think she would make it thru surgery to have her tail amputated yet I won't let her suffer either!!! Help IM BESIDE MYSELF

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I must admit that is a tough post to read. Probably why no one has answered it yet. :)
    I would say get it checked out by a vet. You're assuming surgery but perhaps that may not be the case.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Amputating a broken tail is not as serious as you might think. They are physically designed to be able to lose the tail.
    The orange urine concerns me. That could indicate kidney failure. Have you seen the vet yet?

4. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that. Did they say why she would be loosing her eyesight? The amputation probably won't be too big of a deal, though she may walk differently or not be as good at balance at first (our cat couldn't aim while jumping at first when she needed her tail amputated).

Welcome back by the way. : )