This Disappears When Logged In

Hi! Come and Say Hello to Huey!

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by Huey08, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Yes, keeping the humidity up in a screened enclosure is a challenge, But a screen enclosure is a must from what i've researched. They need air circulation to prevent respiratory problems and above all, They do not need to be seeing their reflection that glass sides would show. If they see their reflection, They will think it is another cham and they will try to attack and hit the glass or they will simply be stressed all the time.
    I keep the humidity in by wrapping the sides with "Landscaping fabric" or cloth. It is a cloth made up of nylon fabric that will help hold the moisture in and let air circulate at the same time. It is also colored black, so he can't see through it to other enclosures containing herps that might irritate him. I also have live potted plants on the floor of the cage. I keep a water dropper on top that drips down to the plants. I also mist the cage with a bottle sprayer.
    Chams are a look but do not touch sort of animal. Especially when they are mature.

2. urorex

urorex Elite Member

any chance you got him at the manatee convention center in florida this past weekend.

3. Huey08

Huey08 Member

Sorry mate, but i ended picking him up from a captive bred store in LA, but i am dying to go to a herp convention next time one comes my way!

4. ryanpb

ryanpb Elite Member

Welcome to Herpcenter! Nice Looking Chameleon.

5. Huey08

Huey08 Member

Hey guys, I bought him a humidifier to keep him nice and refreshed. I was wondering if it is better to set the humidifier to warm or cool? I tried asking in the habitat forum, but no one replied :( I was wondering if any of you guys might know? Og perhaps? :D

6. Huey08

Huey08 Member

A month later. :)

Attached Files:

7. shannond81391

shannond81391 Elite Member

You should always dust. Have a set rotation between calcium without D3, herpitive supplement, and I suggest MINER-ALL. with panther chameleons only dust with calcium d3 twice a month. I don't feel very safe with the megaray bulbs, and bulbs that have uva, uvb and heat all together. It's easier to alter the settings to where they need to be if you have one of each, if your having problems with that bulb, switch over to a zoo med basking bulb, a reptisun 5.0 or 10.0 uvb light, depending on how tall your enclosure is. Any other questions you can always come to me for help and hopefully I'll have an answer.

8. shannond81391

shannond81391 Elite Member

Beautiful cham by the way, don't be surprised if he turns over to a red barred!

9. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen Elite Member

Very Pretty Chameleon! I've always wanted one....but after seeing your I want one even more :)

10. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Wow! look at those colors!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.