This Disappears When Logged In

He's Here. Pictures.

Discussion in 'Reticulated Pythons' started by TJOHNSON722, Aug 6, 2013.

1. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

The baby retics here!!!! He's so adorable. I didn't want to disturb him too much so I took pictures through the glass.

Attached Files:

2. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

In my excitement I didn't mention a thing. He's in a 29 gallon because I wanted him to be secure. We will move him up to the 55 in the next month. He's only 2.5 feet at the moment. I just reached in there and almost got bit. I'm actually going to try to feed tonight. I know he just got here, and he may not take it, but I think he will. Retics are great aggressive feeders. Humidity is sitting right at around 49%. I put a 50/50 mix of cypress and moss. Haven't taken heat temps yet, ill give it a few more hours then take them. I'm so excited. He's so beautiful.

Attached Files:

3. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

Oh my! Congratulations! that is a beautiful little one you have there.

4. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Thanks. He's bigger than I expected. Lol. He hasn't hid once lol. Granted he's only been here a few hours, he's exploring or was not he's hanging under the basking area. He's in the quietest place in the house though. Hopefully, with time he will loose the attitude.

5. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

Beautiful baby!!! Isn't he going to get huge????? I mean ginormous???

6. norwegn113

norwegn113 Well-Known Member

he is a very good looking snake. until recently I have only seen baby or young adult retics ( up to 6' ) in person. I belong to the Chicago Herp Society , so this year at Reptile Fest I was recruited to help with Aurora ( she is a full grown 18' tiger retic that weighed in at a whooping 186lbs. ) She was enormous! she had a very good demeanor but just her sheer size made her very intimidating. I give you credit for taking on such a LARGE commitment!

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Honestly I would still wait a week to feed. While he might go ahead and take it, there is still the risk of him giving the rodent back to you!

8. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Yeah he went and hid in his cave. Oh well. Friday it is normal feed day anyways... He was on f/t pinkys but I'm going to move up to mice.

I already have Chiquita (14-15 ft) so I'm not scared of the size of him. I'm more worried about working with him enough so we don't have to be scared of his attitude. Time and patience I guess. And a lot of food LOL. Fat and happy.

9. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

TJ some how I don't see you giving him up like you had mentioned at one point ;) Congrats! it's a nice looking little fellow

10. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Yeah my husband mentioned it and my mouth dropped.

11. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Nice looking boy you have :) Can't wait to see progress pics of him!