This Disappears When Logged In

Henry's Herpy 8th Birthday!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ajvw, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

Here are some photos from the big event!

The Snake Cake (a lime poundcake with lime frosting -- specifically requested by the birthday boy, using a recipe we got in Costa Rica from one of the restaurants we ate at -- Henry loved this cake and urged me to get the recipe for his birthday):

[​IMG]

And some photos from our herp show, put on by The Reptile Squad, a program of MARS Reptile Rescue out of Baltimore.

Henry with 'Nana (short for Banana) the Burmese python, who was found by the side of the highway with terrible wounds (and who has recovered beautifully):

[​IMG]

Here's Henry covering his nose while greeting the Sulcata, who had just pooped on the long drive:

[​IMG]

Here's me with 'Nana:

[​IMG]

And here is Betsy loving the Ball Python:

[​IMG]

One really cool thing that happened at the party was when the kids were in the yard on their snake hunt (we hid 96 little plastic snakes all over the front yard), one of them found a real snake! I managed to catch it, but alas, my pictures didn't come out well. I think it may have been a Northern Brown Snake.

The party was a big success, and even some of the parents enjoyed meeting the reptiles and holding them!

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Amy that cake was fantastic!! Looks like a successful party and everyone was having fun.

3. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

LOL, WAS is the right word for the cake! Henry and I decided that it was an Albino Rainbow Boa!

4. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Looks like everyone had a great time Amy, your a great party planner. Ok what will be the theme of the next one LOL

5. The D

The D Mango Empress

what an awesome birthday party! that cake looks great, what a wonderful idea =^.^=

6. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

Awesome cake, and GREAT pics Amy! PLease wish Henry a Happy Birthday for ME!

Steve

7. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

that cake is adorable! looks like everyone had a fun time. thanks for sharing the pics. :)

8. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Happy birthday henry!

(I think i'll demand a snake cake this year)

9. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

Looks like a great time! Wonderful cake!!

10. Black-Eyed

Black-Eyed Member

Sweet looking kids and snakes. And the cake looks good indeed :)

11. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys! It was a really fun party -- and if I, as the birthday kid's mom, can say that, then it must have actually been fun. And my sister was there with her family, and she did the dishes!!! It just doesn't get any better than that. Herps, cake, and the dishes done for me. Wow! (Oh, and Henry had fun, too -- I suppose that was the point, lol.)

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It looks like you had a great time. Tell Henry Happy Birthday from me too.
    Only problem now is how you are going to top it for NEXT YEAR!
    Better get thinking!;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.