This Disappears When Logged In

Help!

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by michaela, May 14, 2015.

1. michaela

michaela Member

My phone really doesn't like this forum. I apologize for all the partical posts, it just keeps happen and I don't seem to see a delete section. Again sorry for this!

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

How do you, me or anyone else (including veterinarians) know what`s "normal" for this animal when there`s so little info available?
    You say it cannot be the environment he/she is kept in as it`s the same as where they come from in the wild, in which case what are the conditions where they are normally found?

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Did you manage to get a few photos of the whole enclosure?
    Edit: the "delete" option is directly under the post (bottom center next to your username).

4. michaela

michaela Member

Weird, I'm only getting the option to "report" and I did I have them on my actual camera and am going to upload them onto my desktop tonight.
    They are found in Vietnam and are commonly and generally found in rice patties. Rainforest enviorment. He is kept just like all the others I have found in my research and all the ones I know personally. I didn't just willy nilly his home!

5. michaela

michaela Member

I don't think anyone knows what is "normal" but a general idea can come from the little information that is known and processing what is seen and noted by other owners/professionals. Considering I already feel poorly enough about this, the negative approach isn't needed. Let's keep positive, I'm doing everything in my ability as of now.

6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I`m not being negative (or trying to make you feel worse than you already seem to be), I`m spending my precious time desperately trying to help you and your pet!!! ;)
    Here I go again... You said earlier that the humidity was around 60% (measured with an analogue gauge), you might be interested to know that in the areas they are found in the wild it averages 80%+. The average ambient temp is around 26c, in your enclosure it`s up to approx. 35c (again measured with an analogue gauge). My guess is that the present conditions may not support the Gecko?

7. michaela

michaela Member

It is 80% humidity, that was my error. The tempature ranges between 25-35 depending on the time of day and whether it's the cool or hot side of the enclosure. I do appreciate you trying to assist me, this has just been a very upsetting situation for me so I'm generally more reactive than usual.
    My feelings are besides the point though, the health and safety of my animal is what is important. Do you own or have owned one yourself? Just curious where you have gained your information as I would like to get myself as informed as I can. The general lack of information and overall misinformation is exactly why I'm not a fan of the exotic pet trade.

8. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi again, I think it might be helpful if we could see the whole enclosure as it is and has been for the last 3 years (we might spot something that needs adjusting)...
    I`d like to ask how much the lizard weighs and how you worked out the correct dosage of dewormer, also how long ago the doses were given. I`m assuming you had to force handle the animal and also force the mouth open?
    No, I`ve never kept this species of Gecko, only a couple of Australian species, namely Bynoe`s and Leaftail Geckos.
    I searched the internet to try to find some info on yours but as we both know there`s nothing much at all either regarding their wild or captive lifestyle/care...
    I checked the climate in the region they are found, details which I`ve already given. I have found one person in Europe who keeps a very closely related species, and his email is available if you`d like to try contacting him (I`m not sure if he still keeps them or has bred them)? If you`re interested I`ll put a few details up.
    I found that info at the following website: reptiledatabase.org
    The site lists all currently named reptiles and amphibians..

Last edited: May 17, 2015
    mshrmheadcharge likes this.
  9. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I'm sorry if I missed this but can you please tell us what brand of dewormer you used and the dose you gave him?