This Disappears When Logged In

Help with Identification

Discussion in 'Milksnakes' started by Starling, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Starling

Starling New Member

Hey there ^^,
    so, I have a question. Is this beauty that I have here a Red Milk Snake? (Lampropeltis triangulum syspila) ?

(EDIT: Okay, seems like I need to have at least one post, before I can add pictures, so the pics will come in a second post ;) )

I got ?her/him? (about half a year ago, when she was a yearling) in a place that labelled her as a Jungle corn -.- , so I nearly didn’t take her due to the false label (at least she doesn’t look like a jungle to me…), but she just looked so unique and was so sweet, so instead of getting a corn snake I got her.
    Now I tried and tried to find out what she was, but I just never came across anything that resembled her in the least, until a friend pointed out the possibility of her being a red milk snake and I guess I would just like some input, just to be sure that I FINALLY have an answer to what exactly she is. (and it doesn’t help that I could find hardly anything on red milks!)

Would really love an answer or two ;)
    Best regards,
    Starling

2. Starling

Starling New Member

Here are finally the pics ^^ had some trouble figuring this whole posting thing out lol
    The first two are more recent, the other one was when she was around about 1 year old.

Attached Files:

3. Starling

Starling New Member

Can really nobody answer my question? It would be doing me a huge big favour. :)

4. MorganLeFay

MorganLeFay Elite Member

I'm pretty sure she's a Red Milk Snake. She might have some mixed blood in her, but I'd say she's a Red:) She's very pretty, congrats on picking her up:)

5. Knox

Knox Elite Member

Looks like an Eastern Milk to me, a very clean one.

6. MorganLeFay

MorganLeFay Elite Member

Knox, don't Easterns have a more clustered, irregular pattern with orange spots along the sides?

7. Starling

Starling New Member

Thanks a bunch for the replies ^^ and thanks Morgan, I'm very happy with her :)