This Disappears When Logged In

Help! Water Dragon Not Eating!!

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by DragonGirl9130, Dec 29, 2009.

1. DragonGirl9130

DragonGirl9130 Active Member

Alright thank-you. I'll look into it... I know my petshops don't carry the mega rays but my cousins (4 hours away) live near a petco, U think they might carry them??

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I think you will have to order them online, send Rich a PM, he knows the man who brought these lamps on the market, (Bob MacCargar), or try putting "Megaray UVB bulb" into your search engine, it should come up with something...

3. DragonGirl9130

yep ur right only online, spendy little things. whats the next best bulb that I don't need to perchase online (my mom don't do the online stuff and though my cousin does they like the money up front in their hand when they do it, I am too broke at the moment to be able to do that)

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

"Poweresuns" are the next best in my opinion.

5. DragonGirl9130

Dragon still not eating and I'm getting worried, could he be a she and just be getting ready to lay eggs. what do you all think?? there are photo's of Draco in my profile- couldn't find a way to post them other wise....

6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I still think the dragon looks in quite good condition, if the pics of the animal on the DVD music player are recent, maybe he IS a she, and is getting ready to lay eggs, you will need to keep an eye on "her" if that`s the case, is there anywhere she can lay them if needed. otherwise there`s always the risk of her being egg-bound.

7. waterdragon1

waterdragon1 New Member

right what a jerk obviously you love ur cwd or you wouldnt be online seeing what to do well my waterdragon sephira is a spoiled brat. she acts like yours i went through all that stuff i hand feed her crickets w calcium powder and hand feed her carrots w powder also i cut it up the middle then slice it to make half circles I've also recently put all her lights on a 16/8 hr timer when i gave her carrots first she was like whats that uh uh i aint eating that so i tap her mouth with it then she eats it try this if she bites you i swear it dont hurt its actually laughable like the little dog that thinks its pitbull even worse im kinda surprised she can even bite through the carrot dont forget supplements uvb and in the wild they arent always in 90 degree heat check the maps north in china compared to maine I also bought baby meal worms I keep in a dish in her waterdragonland she must think they are pets they have been in there 4 almost 2 months i feed them carrots and broccoli good luck hun

8. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

Take a look at this site, it should explain anything you need to know about what you are asking.

UV Lighting for Reptiles: Mercury Vapour Lamps

9. DragonFamily

DragonFamily Elite Member

The wattage of the MegaRay will depend on if it is the only heat source and where you put the basking spot. If you are going to have another heater involved, then a high wattage MegaRay might not be necessary.

We have a 160w SB MegaRay and a ceramic heat emitter that is on a thermostat to keep the heat where we want it. This is for a 4'x2'x4.5' enclosure. And we played with the basking location and the angle of the MegaRay quite a bit to get it just right. Our MegaRay is entirely inside the enclosure so that made us place the basking spot down quite a ways from the top of the enclosure. If you mount it externally somehow, you will get more useful area out of the enclosure.