This Disappears When Logged In

Help! Tiny Unknown Gecko

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by Sylvia, Nov 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Sylvia

Sylvia New Member

I volunteer at a reptile store and someone brought in a tiny gecko that they had found in their produce. He is breathing but moving very little. He looks like some sort of day gecko and I desperately want to save him. So far I have been keeping him warm and I gave him a small, warm bath hoping to help him. He is slightly more active when overly warm, wiggling a tiny bit, but i don't know how to help him. Can anyone give advice? 1510195816108942900407.jpg

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, I think this a a Green day gecko, I don`t have experience with the species but I will try and get some info on their captive care. I can tell you that you`ll need a solid topped enclosure (no screen tops) to help stabilise both the temps and humidity, the latter will probably need to be relatively high. More to come....

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

TamJam likes this.
  4. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

I would stop the baths that is very stressful on the little guy. Just keep him warm and mist him to keep him hydrated.
    The gecko may have underlying health issues that are causing it to be lethargic but it could just be a culmination of things as to how it was found, regardless getting it properly heated is most important. If it got to you through produce it could have been injured in many different ways, and the poor lizard may have spent some time in a cooler at a market as well. However its behavior could just be a result of shock and stress. Most important is to get him warm.

TamJam likes this.
  5. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

He is really cute and I hope he will recover! You are already getting some good help here.