This Disappears When Logged In

HELP! Swollen Hand!

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Ultima78, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Ultima78

Ultima78 Elite Member

Owned for almost 4 months. 36x18x24 tank. Cocount shavings.There is a climbing wall,branchers,high rocky places(like rocks near a beach),lots of plants, and a big pool.

Compact fluoresent Uvb and basking bulb. Temp is 90 at basking spot. 79 at cool side and 84-85 at warm side. Humidity always to 77.
    Diet contains crickets,mealworms,earthworms,waxworms, and fish, pheonix worms. Calcium with D3 dusted once every two days(every other day) vitamin with D3 once a week. Tried fruit.

Zeus just finished shedding his body and limbs and its about to go down to his tail. But his whole left hand is swollen. Well not the whole hand but its going to be. First only one claw was swollen now two claws are and it might swell up his whole hand.....:'(.

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Do you have pictures you could post? Is it discolored at all?

3. Ultima78

Ultima78 Elite Member

I cant post it through my new phone sadly. If a little black and red count as discolored then yes.

Actually no it is not. There is just a really swollen pink there. Oh goodnes what is the purpose of Herp Center if I cannot upload pictures.

4. OEW

OEW Elite Member

Do the toes feel hard where the swelling is?

5. Ultima78

Ultima78 Elite Member

They feel like his regular toes but its like he can barely use those two toes at all.

But the first claw that was swollen appears to be.....recovering strangely.

6. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Are you sure he shed that hand?

Tai's front left limb gets swollen then turns whiteish brownish pink before he sheds it. It started a few months after I got him and now happens every shed.

7. Ultima78

Ultima78 Elite Member

Yes yes it is exactly how you described it! He can still move them though just its starting to go away now.....so is it normal?

And yeah he shed it now the shedding is at his tail.

8. OEW

OEW Elite Member

How so?

9. Ultima78

Ultima78 Elite Member

First claw looks like the regular claws now.

10. OEW

OEW Elite Member

Oh gotcha, I misunderstood, thought you meant it looks strange!
    Anyways, obviously I'd consult a vet if it seems to persist... But if it's getting better it may have just been a shedding related thing like Thalatte said for her WD...
    I know that swollen limbs/digits can sometimes be symptoms for things like mbd and gout, or could be injuries, but you probably don't have anything to worry about if it's getting better.

11. Ultima78

Ultima78 Elite Member

If it stays it could be gout.