This Disappears When Logged In

HELP! Sick Leopard Frog

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by Selina7x, May 26, 2013.

1. Selina7x

Selina7x New Member

I got my leopard frog, Ronnie, as a tadpole probably around Christmastime. He grew into a frog about a month or two after, and really hasn't grown much since. His enclosure is probably about a foot long, with his water source on one side and eco earth on the other. He was very healthy until about a month ago, when he started refusing to eat. The first two weeks, he would only eat one cricket a week, no matter what I tried. Now, he hasn't eaten anything since, no matter what. He has become increasingly lethargic since, and bloated up pretty quickly and noticeably in the past 3-4 days, which I'm very concerned about. He doesn't move or jump away from me anymore. When I put him in the water, he will sometimes pull himself out, but that's all the movement I'll see out of him all day.

I read that a salt bath can benefit, so he's currently in a plastic container with water just up to his belly with a pinch of salt in (no, I did not use regular table salt). I figured too little salt was better than too much.

If anyone has any information or suggestions, I would appreciate it so much. I've been losing sleep over this little guy! I wish I could post a picture, but my Ipod Touch is broken, and won't let me. I hope I described enough detail.

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

What are the temperatures of his enclosure? Of the warmest spot on land, the coldest land spot, and the water temp. Also can you describe his cage please? Not just the size but what's in it?

3. Selina7x

Selina7x New Member

The overall temperature is around 70-75, but I sometimes use a space heater in the room, so it probably rises a smidge occasionally. I'm not sure about the water temp, I try to keep it not too hot and not too cold. Like I said, the enclosure has his water source on one side, which has rocks in it he likes to sit on when he doesn't feel like swimming, and the other side has eco earth (which, if you don't know, is one of those coconut fiber soil bricks that you put in water to expand into substrate).