This Disappears When Logged In

Help! Possible Mouth Rot?!

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by McJohnson123, Sep 17, 2018.

1. McJohnson123

McJohnson123 New Member

So I just got this male anole a few weeks ago from a reptile store. I noticed he had a small lump on his jaw, which seemed rather inconsequential at the time. It was very small. No discoloration and he seemed very lively yet. Well, fast forward to now; As you can see from the pictures, the small lump has now spread across the right side of his face and underneath his chin, and has began turning brown. I read online that you can try treating it gently with Neosporin, so I've been doing that about 3 times a week, as well as making sure he is getting enough calcium dust with his food (I thought maybe he was calcium deficient). He is still active, not lethargic in any way, but I noticed he now has less ambition to eat. Needless to say, I'm getting a little worried about him.

Here's some info about his diet and environment:

•He lives in a bioactive vivarium (18"x18"x24") with one other female Green Anole, and a male and female Long-Tailed Grass Lizard.
    •Fed waxworms every other day (2-3 waxworms per serving). Waxworms are calcium dusted on Mondays and Fridays.
    •The lizards all live together happily - I've never witnessed any fighting/aggressive behavior. In fact, they all like to sleep together sometimes, it's hilarious.
    •Vivarium is misted for 15 seconds at 3 hour intervals, via a misting machine. Humidity is always at a minimum of 70%, and temps average about 70°F.

I just dont't understand what's going on with him and I haven't had any luck trying to heal him. Please help!

IMG_20180917_162323830.jpg IMG_20180917_162358521.jpg IMG_20180903_163919877_HDR.jpg

2. IAmTonyaR

IAmTonyaR Member

And this is why pet stores should not be allowed to sell or have life forms in their possession.

3. IAmTonyaR

IAmTonyaR Member

By the way, I have no clue about what your lizard's problem is, but I have hundreds of them living on, near, around, and under the siding of my house.

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Looks like you have a great setup for them.
    This sounds to me like an abscess. If it is you would have to get it treated by a vet.