This Disappears When Logged In

Help Please, My Gecko Just Laid Eggs

Discussion in 'African Fat-tailed Geckos' started by theHIguy, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theHIguy

theHIguy Active Member

I have no idea of how to take care of them, what should i do???

2. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Hallo. I do not see any information on the care sheet about eggs. You are asking how to take care of the eggs? I just now that you must not turn them, they belong in an incubator. Do you think they are fertile?

3. theHIguy

theHIguy Active Member

i have no idea if there fertile =( can i make an incubator

4. Benn-bmx

Benn-bmx Banned User

Yes you can make an incubator quite simply by putting a small cricket tub full with moist vermiculite in a exo-terra faunarium. make sure there is roughly a 2cm thick layer of sand in the faunarium. put the eggs in the vermiculite but do not bury them, then put the lid on the cricket tub. mist the faunarium 4 times a day. also keep a heat mat under the faunarium, that should do the trick.

5. theHIguy

theHIguy Active Member

can i use coconut husk instead of vermiculite?

6. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

Moss would be better you want to hold it water but not be wet. Sand also works but you have to keep an eye on it so the top layers don't stay too dry.

Benns Idea is good though I would close off the top of the fauna box a bit you are going to want to keep as much humidity as possible with out growing mold. Try to keep the eggs at about 28C and don't turn them at all after the've been laied.

7. venus

venus Founding Member

8. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

The question is, do you WANT babies? If not, pop them in the freezer.

9. theHIguy

theHIguy Active Member

I do want eggs. I already recommended that idea to my girlfriend. She reply was, "You want to kill our grand babies." So i do want eggs, at least to give it a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.