This Disappears When Logged In

Help! Not Sure Whats Wrong.

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by Albino_O, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Albino_O

Albino_O Member

I have a 2 foot Honduran male who has been a pain to feed for close to a year i have owned him. The breeder i got him from feed him live pinkes but said he would easily convert to thawed. for the last two months he has more and more been difficult to feed and not will not eat. Been two weeks now but nothing. I'm guessing its b/c of winter and his going in to hibernation? However i don't know what are the signs to this... His moderately active being he head more then his body. When I hold him he would move but his limp. his tail would just fall and he seems to not care if he fell. I keep him in a snake rank and temps on the hot side is 85 to +. all the other snakes are fine BUT for this pain. Any ideas? I'm worried cuz i had a female that was paired with him. who was the same but was far more active and had died after not eating for two weeks. I don't want another lost. Please could anyone help. :(

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

It very well could be brumating. I do not think the female died due to not eating for just 2 weeks. Did you in fact switch to thawed ? If you did try enticing him with live again just to see if you get a feeding response, then go back to f/t.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

A snake does not die from not eating for only two weeks. There is something else going on here.
    The fact that the snake is going limp and that another snake died as well makes me believe that it is an illness of some sort. I would be for getting it to a qualified vet NOW to make sure that it is not something that can be passed to your other animals.

4. Albino_O

Albino_O Member

Thank you!

The problem is that in my area its hard to get any live pinkies and looks for a vet.