This Disappears When Logged In

Help My Leucistic Rat Snake!

Discussion in 'Ratsnakes' started by Jessica Popejoy, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Jessica Popejoy

Jessica Popejoy New Member

I have a female leucistic Texas Rat Snake, approximately 9 years old. She has a lump that we have taken x-rays on, seems to be full of bones and broken up food. She acts completely normal - eats normally and has an appetite. She just shed a normal, healthy shed on 5/26. She has a few discolored scales near the lump, some reddish color and some a brownish color. We just changed her substrate, and I have more airflow coming into her tank. These do not look like mites to me. I am not sure what this could be, or what to do!

Attached Files:

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, what did the vet think it was, and can you crop one of the photos to zoom right in to the lump?
    Do you offer live prey at all?

3. Jessica Popejoy

Jessica Popejoy New Member

The vet has not responded with her diagnosis yet, she believes that the lump consists of bone and food matter. I do not feed live prey, I feed repti-links and frozen/thawed rats. Untitled.png

4. Judy Woods

Judy Woods New Member

I Too agree with jessica Popejoy.

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, agree in what sense?

6. Upstander

Upstander Member

Glad you went to see the vet! Is she defecating normally? Wonder if it is a blockage since its full of bone and food material. Until you get a diagnosis, make sure her temps are where they need to be so she can keep plenty warm if something funky is up.