This Disappears When Logged In

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by MalformedMessiah, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalformedMessiah

MalformedMessiah Elite Member

Ok so one of the two baby Sav's ate today.....ate like a pig I might add.....and the other one just books off and hides.....when should I start worrying about the little guy?

p.s He's still alert and energetic

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

How long have you had them...and how long has he not been feeding ?

3. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

maybe if you take the one out thats eating for a few minutes, to give the other one a chance to feed, it might be the other one thats eating is the more dominant one and is taking all the grub, don't know just a suggestion, or maybe put the other one in a seperate feeding tub with some food, to see if it eats, hope you get him to feed, its so frustrating when they don't eat.

4. MalformedMessiah

I've had them for about 5 days....I seperate them during feedings....and the handling seems to be whats stressing the one little guy out....I'm going to try again in a bit...

EDIT: I'm going to try some mealies just to get something in his belly.....first monitor I've ever seen ignore a pinky

5. MalformedMessiah

ok heres the update.....I finally got the little brat to eat :D :D :D I'm going to seperate them on monday

6. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Oh thats good news, :D what did you do?

7. MalformedMessiah

This may sound a bit morbid, but I had to put his f/t first pinky in a plastic bag and give it a couple good whacks against the wall to get some blood flowing :eek: after that he took a couple unbashed f/t pinkies like a champ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.