This Disappears When Logged In

Help, I Lost My Skink

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by Reptillomania, Sep 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Reptillomania

Reptillomania New Member

So I recently rescued a five lined skink from the dark depths of my basement. He's fairly young, small in size and has the signature blue tail. He was somehow surviving, I guess by eating the basement bugs, and it took me a few days to be able to finally catch him. I can only assume he hadn't had water for a while and the tile floors get very frigid so it's a miracle he didn't go into hibernation. So I put him in a temporary tank, equipped with bark and small branches, soil, a water dish, and some grass to hide in while also providing bugs. He seemed to be enjoying the good life, basking under the heat lamp and feeding on crickets, until he disappeared. There is no way he escaped the tank, but he's also not hiding in or under any of the branched or grass like he would, and I'm almost certain he's in the soil. Is he going to be okay? Should I assume that he's gone into hibernation? Or is the abnormal? Any help is appreciated, I'm just worried he might be stuck or dead.

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

If your sure he hasn't escaped he's most certainly burrowed. They're extremely flighty, it's normal. They won't typically hibernate if your heat is adequate. Probably just hiding.