This Disappears When Logged In

Help crested gecko!!!! Help!!

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by schmidt1894, Aug 22, 2012.

1. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Is it shed skin?

3. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

i dont know... thats why im asking you guys....

4. pandorasbox

pandorasbox Elite Member

It does look kind of like shed skin to me too. If he seems sensitive or like it hurts, I would take him to the vet. If not, I would either give him a warm (but not too warm) bath, or spray him with water, gently remove the excess, and rub him with a paper towel.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Looks like shed that has gotten wet to me.

6. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

because i did wet it down... and see if anything..

7. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Made vet appointment at 3:30! wooo!!! didnt know there was a herp vet 3.52 miles away from my house!!! sweet!

8. mshrmheadcharge

Honestly it looks like wet shed with substrate stuck in it. But good luck at the vet :) let us know what happens, and it's awesome to have one so close to your house

9. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

if it even is shed, its better to be safe than sorry!:(

and sure will!!!!! paco's first trip to the vet! and my first time too for a reptile.. ooo. gonna be quite an expierece for both of us.

what kind of questions should i ask my vet? im actually wanting to be a vet and to study herps too!

10. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

good for you taking the animal to a vet :D that is the first sign you are a responsible pet owner. now, to me it looks like stuck shed with crested gecko diet on it, but that's just me. anyways, it is best to use the time at the vet to get a overall checkup, just incase there is any issues escaping our notice. :D

11. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~U P D A T E~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~~*

Went to the vet! He's chillin around waitin for doc!
    uG3HUl.jpg
    So... doc said he has a skin infection! He'll live!!!!
    What caused this? Lack of vitiams... Guess i'm going to petstore tonight to get vitiam powder for him and the other lizards!
    He gave me some Baytril 10% Oral, .01ML twice a day until the bottle is gone.
    Wants to increase humidity and mist more often 3-4 times a day so it has a "rain effect" in the cage.

Checkup in like 2-3 weeks. Paco will shed the excess stuff on his body off.

Attached Files:

12. pandorasbox

pandorasbox Elite Member

Glad to hear he'll be okay!

13. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

this is why you can never be too liberal with the vet :D glad to hear he'll be fine, i'td be a shame if anything were to go untreated and the little guy suffered. he might just have one of the best owners i know, to take him to a vet so fast if something looks just the slightest bit wrong.. that's awesome :D keep up the good work with the little guy :D

14. mshrmheadcharge

Eesh! I'm glad you went! I am sure he will be back to normal in no time :)

15. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Yup!! I wanted to take him, but then i didnt.. But, it was weird. So i took him... I know money is not the thing everybody has right now.. but i felt like he needed to go... and they gave me some medicine and he'll be good to go! So when i was giving him his medicine.. jeezee.... he bit me once. He's alot harder than the vet made it seem like! then this morning i gave it to him and he started getting all fuzzy and whatnot.. then started hissing and opened his mouth, and i shot .01ml in his mouth. haha. Cant tell really if you pushed it in the syringe because its the 1st line after 0... so its hard to tell when you push it into his mouth.. haha.

16. pandorasbox

pandorasbox Elite Member

Try putting it on his nose and letting him lick it off. That's the amount I had to give Athena, it is really tiny!

17. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

will try that tonight!! thanks for the tip!!!

18. Spyral

Spyral Elite Member

What is your normal diet? He does look a bit funky around his mouth area, but that could be from crunching down on crickets or mealworms. Repashy CGD is highly recommended as the main staple of the diet. You can also rotate the vitamins from the pet store with calcium in the cricket or other insect feedings.

Good luck with the medications! Cresties can be stubborn.

19. pandorasbox

pandorasbox Elite Member

Since you've only had him a few months, I would bet it stems from the previous owner's husbandry. How is he doing today?

20. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

~!~!~!~!~!~ U P D A T E ~!~!~!~!~!~
    Paco seems to be doing better.. The infection, and extra crap is slowly coming off slowly... better than nothing though!:)
    C8sqol.jpg
    oRFZ2l.jpg
    fhqMVl.jpg
    nMH9Xl.jpg
    kxbnjl.jpg
    O0RP0l.jpg
    RFVehl.jpg
    KPqpRl.jpg

The sucker hates pictures! keeps moving!:(

Cleaned his enclosure, added more eco earth... I think i'm gonna get a exo terra tank soon, that is taller, 12x12x18 one i think... saw it at petco and had a bundle for like $45-55 bucks.. dont remember. Getting more leaves this weekend, since i have to add more for my iguana. With my screen top, i covered it fully with alumium foil. WORKS! Get some boxing tape, and tape it up, i only have to mist once a day, and wont have too for 2-3 days.. But vet wants me to mist and mist directly towards him so water gets onto his infection to help it to come off.

9FwoVl.jpg

Attached Files: