This Disappears When Logged In

Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by hollytree, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Welcome to Herp Center Tracey!! You have found the right place!!

2. hollytree

hollytree New Member

I am not sure how old the bulb is?? and monster is roughly about a year old he was fairly emaciated when i took him 3 weeks ago but since then i have fed him up on his favoprite diet of large locust med locusts, crickets which he does not like and wax worms which he loves.
    i dust all his food with Nutrobal and gut feed the live food with fresh greens and other veg which they seem to like, i combat his humidity by spraying the cage with hot water at least 3 times a day, sometimes more, he has heat mats that are attached to the outerside of his cage to avoid him getting burnt at all and i keep the top covered to combat heat loss this seems to work fairly well i have also fixed some thin board to the sides of his flexarium to keep drafts out, all in all he seems to be doing much better than he was being a beginner and a bit of a softy for animals i like to try and do the right things hes a lovely creature.

As for handling he does not seem to mind this too much as he has been handled since he was about 6 weeks old sometimes he lets me know that he is not interested by turning his back on me and i know then to leave him alone otherwise he is pretty cool i dont like to handle him too much as i dont like him being stressed at all ..
    again any advice about things i should or should not be doing are always welcome.

Tracey

3. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

since you don't know how old the bulb is, you probably want to change it. Most UVB bulbs will only produce UVB for 6 months. MegaRay's last longer. I think up to a year...

4. hollytree

hollytree New Member

thanks shell i will do

5. Annababe

Annababe Elite Member

Welcome!

I love his colors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.