This Disappears When Logged In

Hello...new to the Site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jamisun, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamisun

Jamisun New Member

Hi,

I am new to the site. I have been involved with lizards for a while, but it has also been a while since I have had one. Bearded dragons were my fave, but I had a black and white tegu and a few savannah monitors.

I am older now, and more mature so i am looking at getting back into it as a hobby, and cause I love lizards. I am looking at building an amazing terrarium for a pair of australian water dragons. I am also considering sunfire beardeds as well.

Any info anyone has on terrarium construction, or the preference between AWD's and BD's, the help would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Hi and welcome to Herpcenter.

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

hi and welcome. There are lots of construction threads in the "herp habitats" section of the forums. Browse through those and then figure out some specific questions to ask. I know nothing about Australian water dragons and only a little bit about bearded dragons, but I do know a little about construction.

4. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to Herp Center! The preference between the 2 animals will ultimately be yours. lol I own 3 Bearded Dragons and no Water Dragons, so I am bias. ;)

5. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Hi and welcome! I prefer AWDs over beardies but I have never actually kept a beardie, just water dragons

6. kronik070

kronik070 Elite Member

i have 2 beardies and 2 Chinese water dragons and i love them all!!! the beardies are alot more laid back and love to be handled. The water dragons are a little more skittish when being held(in my experience anyways).

I am definately looking at adding to my collection and the AWD and/or frilled dragons are at the top of my list!!!

As for construction , i think that will completely depend on the species you decide on :)
    but if you have any specific questions ask away

mike

7. kronik070

kronik070 Elite Member

oh yea.....Welcome to HC

8. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to HerpCenter!
    The HerpHabitats section contains a lot of information on housing. And as you can see there will be a lot of differing opinions regarding which lizard is best.

9. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Welcome to HC! :)

10. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Welcome!:)

11. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Welcome to Herp Center.....hope you like it here!!!

12. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

welcome to HC! glad you joined. the best thing to do would be to research both species and make sure you have the means to take care of them properly then go from there. good luck! :)

13. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

14. vegasandbecca

vegasandbecca Elite Member

Welcome!!!

15. RedLocks

RedLocks Elite Member

Welcome!! :)

16. Tammy

Tammy Subscribed User Premium Member

Welcome

17. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Welcome to the HCN :) I would normally go with the Australian water dragon, just because they're awesome and not as many people have them :p But bearded dragons are probably easier to keep, and much easier to get first-hand information on.

18. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to Herp Center. I know you'll enjoy your time here and find lots of good info in the Herp Habitats section. Plenty to read up on there.

19. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Welcome :)
    I think both lizards are awesome

20. Annababe

Annababe Elite Member

Welcome and OOO OOO OOO!

Can I see pics of your monitors? LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.