This Disappears When Logged In

Hello, My Cham Has This Bump. Ideas?

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by Arsu, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Arsu

Arsu New Member

Hello everyone, I got my cham in a preeetty bad shape. He had MBD, but seems healty now, never sleeps at days and eats well, really happy for him. But what is left from that unfortunate event is this. (See pictures below) Any one know what that is and/or how can I treat it? Is it bad, or neutral or a side affect of MBD? Any answer will be great, thanks! By the way this is my first post :)

1 — imgbb.com
    2 — imgbb.com
    3 — imgbb.com

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Well, welcome to the forum first off. I'm drawing a blank on the species for some reason (probably lack of sleep after the Superbowl last night), but if that's a male then it is probably just the bulge from it's hemipenes. Otherwise you might need to see a vet.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

That's a veiled. I would agree that if male they could be hemipenal bulges. However since I see no tarsal spur and a smaller head casque I believe it to be a female and that is definitely not something that should be there.
    Vet time.

Darkbird likes this.
  4. Arsu

Arsu New Member

Thank you for a quick reply. It's a male, we thought about it being the hemipenal bulge, but couple of days ago we inspected it and saw these black spots(third picture), that got us worried. Thanks for clearing things up!

5. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome, great colour on on him.