This Disappears When Logged In

Heating Panel

Discussion in 'Heating' started by BlackBlood94, Oct 25, 2014.

1. BlackBlood94

BlackBlood94 Member

So does anybody have a heat panel on their cage with a thermostat. If so, how well do they work and is it necessary? I just purchased a Black Blood and everybody is saying that they don't prefer to have hot spots...so before I spend the money, is it worth it?

2. fenrispyre

fenrispyre Active Member

I use a Rhp for my ball pythons and they love it. It's also a better way to go then heat lights cause bloods require a moist environment and heat lamps dry out the soil. Rhp don't dry it out as much. After having a Rhp I wouldn't go back lol. I do have a heat mat as well tho for belly heat. Plus the Rhp does give off a good heat spot if put in the correct place in cage

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Not sure if there's much difference between blacks and reds, but my boy absolutely uses a hot spot as needed, so I don't see why yours wouldn't.

4. BlackBlood94

BlackBlood94 Member

See, I'm new to this Blood. Never owned one, but it seems like everybody has a mixed review on whether or not they desire a hot spot. Its hard to tell at the moment considering I've only had him for a day so he is still in that"hasn't moved from under his hide" stage. Just trying to give him some time before I make any serious purchases. At this point I just need a ceramic heating emitter. I used to have one but it burnt out.

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I have 2 RHP's, one for my BRB, the other for my JCP, and I absolutely love them! Worth every penny, In my opinion.