This Disappears When Logged In

Heating And Lighting Situation

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by Zachwood, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Zachwood

Zachwood Well-Known Member

Well everyone was so much help on the last post so since then me and my daughter have adopted a 2 year old green iguana needs sone working with but will b ok in time my questions are about the right lights to have and also when to have them off and on will post pic tommorow of or guy Rollo and his nice size enclosure we got him in thanks for any feedback

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You want the lights on and off 12 hours each. Preferably to correspond with daylight in your area. The biggest requirement is a UVB generating light.

3. Zachwood

Ok thanks for the info Merlin should i b turning all lights out in his enclosure during night except the heat emmiting bulb

4. Merlin

Iguanas should not have a visible light on at night. Even the so called reptile lights will disturb them. Igs have a rudimentary 3rd eye on top of their heads that senses light. If you need nighttime heating, a CHE would be the way to go.

5. Zachwood

Awesome thank u so much merlin just posted a bit on my igs aggression only had him two days need some pointers

6. Zachwood

And sorry for not knowing the exact name of the bulb but it is a che bulb and i have got the uvb tube from the place i adopted him from it had all set up in it

7. Merlin

A CHE does not produce light. Only heat.

8. Zachwood

Yes ihave one of those up top above basking shelf then there are two other bulbs for light and heat along with a uvb tube running across middle of enlosure

9. Zachwood

Merlin what is the ideal light for a basking spot will the che work or do i need a basking bulb

10. Merlin

I used a CHE that was about 12 inches above the basking shelf. In a 6 ft tall cage.