This Disappears When Logged In

Heat Mat Reviews....?

Discussion in 'Heating' started by MicahC, Oct 28, 2013.

1. MicahC

MicahC Elite Member

Hey everyone,

Based on your personal experiences, what heat mat brand and type work best? I am going to get one for my snake cage but I do not know which is the best to get.

2. thinkbig317

thinkbig317 Elite Member

Only have experience with Zoo Med & Exo Terra heats mats and I personally like zoo meds the best.

3. MicahC

MicahC Elite Member

I just got an exo terra large heat wave, 12 watt and rainforest type. Doesn't seem to be working that well....

4. AbigailK

AbigailK Member

I love the Exo Terra Heat Waves...I wouldn't use the Rainforest type though, they just don't get all that hot. The Desert one works brilliantly for my rainbow boa.

The Zoo Med ones tend to get too hot, some having split glass before. Doesn't always happen, isn't worth the risk for me personally. A big plus with ET's Heat Waves is they are sleeker and the adhesive is 10x stronger.

Hope this helps! :)

5. thinkbig317

thinkbig317 Elite Member

Won't have to worry about the zoo med getting too hot if your using a thermostat like your supposed to anyways with all heat mats/tape. But I do agree that they get dangerously hot.....

6. AbigailK

AbigailK Member

Good point Thinkbig317! Using thermostats in conjunction with heating elements is the best way to go :)

7. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I use zoo meds and have had them for years. Only had 2 burn out so far but they will crack glass unregulated. What re you looking to use it for, the new cage for your carpet?