This Disappears When Logged In

HCN's New Look

Discussion in 'General' started by Rich, Jan 1, 2006.

?

What do you think of the sites new look?

1. I like it.

51 vote(s)
    71.8%
  2. It's ok.

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. I don't care for it.

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. I hate it.

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wish22

wish22 Member

The jury is still out?

I can definitely see that alot of work has gone into the site's revision. I am finding the appearance to be intimidating and not overly user friendly. I am sure I will get used to it, but I will have to experiment a bit! :)

2. Elan

Elan Elite Member

i dont like it at all. the old way was much esier to move around.

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

I wish I could please everyone all of the time, but that just isn't feasible.

There will be additional "styles" in the future that members will be able to choose if they don't care for this one.
    I think the biggest difference betwen this style and the other isn't that the other was easier (because this one has an easier navigation structure) but that everyone was use to navigating the other site. Every bit of navigation from the other style is on this style. Instead of it being on the breadcrumb (The block that shows where you are on the site), they are in the header.

There is also the "quick nav" on the left of all pages. ;)

4. Rich

Hello,

I have just finished adding the spellcheck feature to the journal section of the HC Network as well as to private messages, edit signature, and edit post.

The edit post spellcheck is only when editing in the advanced mode. I tried applying it to the quick edit feature, but it did not work properly. The quick edit is powered by ajax technology and for some reason doesn't like the spellcheck which is a java applications. It deletes your post after it spellchecks it. lol As you can see, it was pretty useless.

5. specialname

specialname Member

first timer

i like the lay out i can navigate find what i am looking for, but wheres the color? but great none the less, and will be plenty of help to me while i learn.

6. HerpboyNY

HerpboyNY Elite Member

It's quite simple to please veryone Rich, just give us all layouts iwth our favorite herp in the back:D. *hinthint*

7. Rich

Hello,

That would be great! lol It would cost me a fortune in bandwidth, but it sure would be nice if every users could set their own "look" for the site. lol

8. beachmomof3boys

beachmomof3boys New Member

I just joined today, but I like it.
    Ann

9. Woman

Woman Elite Member

I think that the site is okay maybe you can get some other colour in it. Like a black and gold that would be awsome!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.