This Disappears When Logged In

HCN's New Look

Discussion in 'General' started by Rich, Jan 1, 2006.

?

What do you think of the sites new look?

1. I like it.

51 vote(s)
    71.8%
  2. It's ok.

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. I don't care for it.

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. I hate it.

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

To help see where members stand on the new look of the HC Network, I am creating this thread and poll. If you can think of things that would improve the HC Network, please feel free to post. I am also interested in everyones opinions. (Good and bad.)

2. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

How about putting back the members' location on posts. There are times when knowing their location aids in a response. ;)

3. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I like it, but it is going to take some getting used to. That "HCN Advanced Navigation" thing is cool though.

4. Rich

Hello,

I will correct that Fran. Everytime I play with that file I forget to put that there!

** Update **

I have re-added the users location for those that have entered it.

5. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

That's ok big guy. You have a lot on your shoulders.;)

6. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I too like the new look, it caught me off guard though.:p The advanced navigation is pretty awesome. I also like how you can see what the most recent threads are in each catagory in the Forums section. That makes it take a lot less time to navigate through. Keep up the good work!

7. Dave68

Dave68 Active Member

Hello Again!!

I think I like it a lot, I'm just gonna have to come back and check it out more thoroughly later when I have more time. I know it's been a long time since I've posted here and the little reminder thing at the top of the screen was pretty cool. Like I said I will return in the next couple days and check out the new photo account thing and post lotsa updated pics of the family!!LOL!! HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!! :p ;) :D

8. geckoguy14

geckoguy14 Elite Member

tis very amusing. Thanks rich, where would we be without you around to add a little spice to our lives now and then?

9. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Elite Member

just wanted to stop by and congradulate you on a job well done. You definetly got skills. I'll be sure to spend some more time going through everything new.

10. Rich

Hello,

Thanks Adam and BD. I am glad you like the new look.

11. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

I like it... its definately different. It is much easier to navigate like others have said.

12. Rich

Hello,

No one hates it yet so thats always a good thing! lol Make sure you check out the profiles as well. I tweaked those pretty good. As I previously posted, I have also started on the article database beginning with the caresheet section. It will take me several days to get all of the articles up and running.

Also, please re-add your profile pics. I have added a member gallery that lets us place a face to a name. Don't be shy! Add those profile pics in via your UserCP!

You can view the "Member" photos here: Member Photos

13. Debbie

Debbie Elite Member

Rich you have done a good job with the site. I really like it and sense I am off the next two days it will give me more time to play and search and really give it the once over. But I really do like it.

Debbie Iggy Bam-Bam and Miss Zak

14. Rich

Hello,

Doesn't it figure. lol I post that and then someone decides they "hate" the new look. lol

15. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

One thing I think you should change is the location thing. In your UserCP it is labeled as "hometown" where as when you view a profile it is known as "location". For people like myself those are two different things. I was born in Houston which would be my hometown but my location as of now is Michigan. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

I really like the look by the way.

16. Rich

Hello,

Thats been corrected and I added the profile image for Skype to get rid of the "red x" as well. Thanks for letting me know. I forgot about that when I configured the profile field.

17. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

That's simple. One person? Ban him/her and we'll be back to being totally united.:D :D :D

18. Rich

Hello,

lol @ Fran. I figured once I had posted that someone would say they hated it just to spite the comment. (or me. lol)

I can't please everyone, it just isn't possible. lol Once I get the info aspect of the site handled, I will toss together the old style using some of the new layouts and features. That will allow the users an option to choose the "look" they prefer.

Then I get to have the painstaking pleasure of integrating HH. lol

19. angel

angel Elite Member

I think it's very professional looking and easy to use. I liked the site before, but now it is even more impressive! Great job and thanks for all of your hard work :)

20. Rich

Hello,

Thanks Angel. I am glad you like the new look and feel. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.