This Disappears When Logged In

Having Trouble with Emerald Tree Boa Rubbermaid Tub Temperature.

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by Mach1speed88, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Mach1speed88

Mach1speed88 Member

25x18x14" areThe Rubbermaid tub dimensions I am having trouble keeping the enclosure heated to the proper temperatures my humidity is fine it's 75 to 80% humidity I have cypress mulch in the bottomwith a heat pad underneath the enclosure and a water bowl on top for helping with that humanity all my dowel rods are at different heights so that you can Thermo regulate and I haveA fake plant in there to help collect water droplets to also help with humidity the enclosure is drilled with holes for ventilation before it had no light I just relied on the daylight of the room but it seemed to be dark I just wanted to make sureThe boa could differentiate between day and night for feeding purposes so I cut a hole in the top of the Rubbermaid put a screen there and have a dome light fixturewith a 43 W bulb. On the hot sideThe temperature is reading about 82 to 84° and the rest of the enclosure is about 75° is this okay or should the rest of my enclosure be a little hotter and have my hotspot up to 90° let me know what you think and what are some ways you are supplying heat to your enclosures I'm trying to heating pad on the backof the enclosure you didn't seem to stick to it very good also it really didn't heat up that much.. I have a juvenile Emerald tree Boa coming soon and I want to make sure that my enclosure is stable

2. atone2308

atone2308 Well-Known Member

your temps are spot on those temperatures are what I keep my basins at also. my hotspot is about 88,my ambient is 84. My cages are pvc 3ft tall 2ft wide 2ft deep made by animal plastics. cypress mulch is not a bad way to go I used to use it. I will add though you want to go the simpler route and use puppy pads. I have been using them for about a year or so. Steve Volk who is a Amazon basin breeder turned me on to them. it wouldn't hurt also to put a live plant in there golden pothos is what I recommend. Also let me add the temp at the bottom of my cages are also room temp which is about 73 degrees. So 75 is fine. I also do not use heat lamps I prefer heat panels made by pro products you can google them. all you have to do is call the number and tell Bob the dimensions and the species of snake and he will get you the proper heat panel needed.very cheap may I add. also I will try and attach a photo I have my temp probe opposite side of the heat panel on top perch in enclosure.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014