This Disappears When Logged In

Haven't seen her in a while

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by BlackJack, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

I haven't posted any pics in a while... since I lost poor Q. Talyn went into shed and then had a good meal and I needed to give her time to digest that. (Monty's in shed now... so pics to come of him soon) ;)
    But finally, here are some pics of Talyn and myself that my husband took outside today. Just on our balcony: I wasn't sure how she'd react to being outside but I wanted to get her a bit of fresh air and natural light for a change.
    She was fine, just curiously cruising around me. I don't really feel good about her getting around my neck, because she has a squeeze that would knock me unconscious in a matter of seconds! That's why I have my hand holding her behind my head in this pic:
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Here we were just flicking tongues at eachother (that's why I've got a goofy expression) and I'm trying to keep her a safe distance from my nose -- just in case she wanted to nip at it! (It's happened before)
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    Here we are again: Just above my left hand you can see the bald spot where she had her accident. It's all healed up really nicely with thick white scar tissue. I'm not sure if she'll ever grow new scales there or not... I kind of doubt it. But it doesn't bother her at all to be touched there and she's doing great. I'm sooooooo relieved! :)
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    I hope you enjoy the pics :)

2. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

Very nice pictures Andrea.
    That really is a beautiful snake!I do hope you have better luck with her!
    Any news from "zum Goldfisch"?

3. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Some great shots Andrea, you and Talyn look really well and make a great couple! - love the tongue pic! :p

Our new carpet python has a huge scar on his belly, from where he was caught on a nail on an expedition :eek: starting to heal over now, where there is just skin, will probably end up like your Talyn's mark?

Lovely update shots, keep them coming, so nice to see you and that beautiful snakey of yours! :)

4. SKULLMAN

SKULLMAN Elite Member

looks great,hope to see more pics soon :D

5. venus

venus Founding Member

Great pics Andrea. She is beautiful, cant wait to see more pics.

6. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

:) love the pics. rainbows are such beautiful snakes.

7. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

Great pics! Loved the earing detail =)

8. BlackJack

Thanks everyone!
    rbl: I was wondering if anyone would notice those... I call them my "serpent guards" :D

Jacky: no, I have never gone back into the pet store "zum Goldfisch" (where I bought Q) and never will. I did not contact them about Q dying... I don't think they'd care anyway. :mad:

Rachel: I'm surprised how nicely Talyn's wound has healed up. When the vet stitched her up, the skin was all stretched tightly... but now that it's healed, all of the markings are lined up again. The scar on her head (which she had before I got her) has almost completely disappeared. With each shed it's less and less noticeable.
    I'm just happy there was no infection or complications.
    Good luck with your carpet python. :)

9. deltro_star

deltro_star Elite Member

Wow look at you two lovley ladies! she matches your hair and everything...great pics!

10. BlackJack

Thanks deltro star ! Such a sweet compliment!! :) :eek:
    Actually I sprayed some stuff in my hair to make blonde highlights ... so far it's just turned orange: but yes, it's a perfect match to Talyn!

11. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Great pics Andrea,,,and I too noticed the earrings,,,very cool !!!

12. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Such a beautiful BRB!!! :)

13. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Beautiful pics! I noticed the earrings too...would love to find some like them here :) I'm always looking for snake jewelry, but so far I haven't found anything I like.

14. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

Julliane, that's a nice suggestion for HC's shop as long as Rich can find suppliers.

15. BlackJack

I had another pair of snake earrings and a pendant custom-made for me. (I'll have to post pics of those)
    These were a lucky find... often if I see some snake jewelry it's too gaudy for my tastes. But I just love those!

16. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

I think I suggested it on the HC Shop suggestion thread.

Blackjack, that's what I've mostly found...that a lot of the snake stuff is too gaudy...or it's all cobras or rattlers or something. Not that I don't like those guys, but I wish someone would make some corn snake or python jewelry. Hmmm.... I wonder....*thinks about jewelry making supplies on hand* ...I've always wanted to try casting...:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.