This Disappears When Logged In

Have to Say Good Bye to Raptor :(

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Wyldrose, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Gord is doing a bit better today! They are going to try a different Ventulator. He gets to stay here for now so atleast that helps! His boss told me the kids and I can eat at the resturant for free while he is in the hospital so I think we will take that offer for supper again tonight. Less work for me. Not sleeping much, maybe had 4 hours last night. I'm sending the kids to school tomorrow and I am going to work here in a few mins. Hoping he keeps improving! He has a lot to live for!

2. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

So sorry for your troubles! He make wake up without any cravings or withdrawal issues.

3. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

He's being flown to the big city right now :( I have to figure things out and will probley be on the road tomorrow(it's a 4.5 hour drive). I don't think i can drive now. So I will leave tomorrow my friend will take care of the Zoo!

4. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

So sorry Susan. Hope he gets the help he needs.

5. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

My sister and sister inlaw went to see him tonight, they both live in Edmonton.
    The Dr said that it is a sever ashma attack, one of the worse they have seen. His heart, kidneys and digestige system are all working good, it's just his lungs. They are using Helium and Oxygen to help expand his lungs and get more oxygen in. They are not going to do anything tonight, just let him rest until tomorrow. He was stable the entire trip so that is good. My dogs are staying at a friends place and another is coming in the morning to get the run down for the other pets. I hopefully will sleep a bit better today, he is improving and hopefully will be home soon!! Thank you all for caring and all your well wishes :)

6. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Wish your family the best, sorry you're going through all this. Hopefully he'll be home soon.

7. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Kids and I are home and exausted!! What a week! As of yesterday they have Gord ou of the coma, he is still sedated and drugged up. Right now he is breathing on his own, the ventulator is still giving him oxygen and volume. They hope to have him off the machines and home in a week!!
    Thanks for the prayers and well wishes!!

Raptor moves out on tuesday! I'll miss him but have to care for family first!

8. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Sorry to hear all of that. I don't know which one Raptor is but it is hard to let go of pets. Take care. Hope your husband agrees to stop smoking too!!! Asthma and smoke don't mix:) as you know. Hope he heals fast and is back in the swing again.

9. JoeyG

Hope the week goes by quick for you Susan!! Glad to hear he's doing better!!

10. millerpj

millerpj Elite Member

Glad to hear he is improving. Still praying. Take care of yourself also.

11. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

He is off the ventulator!!! He is no longer sedated, very confused. But he made it!! I hope they bring him to our hospital here soon. I can't wait to hear his voice again!!!

Here is Raptor:
    010-45.jpg
    I will miss my dinosaur!!! The people taking him have his home almost built, it looks good too. He will happy and well loved!!!

Attached Files:

12. JoeyG

goods news on both ends, hope it continues to move forward for both

13. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Raptors gone :( The lady who took him built him a 5x5x10 enclosure! He will be well loved, her Dad is a electricton/carpenter so he built everything for him. I gave her some chopped up rat, shrimps, chicks for him too. She lives an hour away so she invited us to visit anytime we are close!

14. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

So happy your husband is doing better!

15. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Before my sister inlaw left yesterday he was asking to watch Hockey! She didn't want to tell him the regular season is over and he missed the last few Oilers games. He has ICU dementia right now so it'll take him time for the drugs to wear off and for him to realize where he is.
    I'm going to call the hospital this afternoon for a check in and if there is any change I'll let you all know :)

16. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm very glad to hear things are much better with your husband! I'm sorry you had to lose Raptor, but you're right - family comes first, and at least it's reassuring to know he will be in a loving home!

17. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I got to talk to Gord on the phone today!! He is pretty weak so they will do a mri to see whats going on there. It was good to hear his voice! I can't wait to see him home!

18. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

The worse thing about having a monitor is the DIRT!! I am 2 hours into unloading it from Raptor land and exhausted haha! I will sleep like the dead tonight :)

19. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

5 hours and Raptor land is no more!! I am a much better carpenter then I give myself credit for!! Going to turn some of the wood into rabbit nest boxes and the rest into a outside fort for the kids :) The cat is having a blast playing in the empty spot now lol!

20. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

Aw Susan! I'm so sorry that you had to re-home Raptor! I was just checking for a thread to see how he's been in my absence!
    I'm glad you were able to find a good home for him! That's more than most monitors can ever hope for when they're purchased, let alone twice in a row! :)

I'm sorry your husband is having such a rough time! I'm sending you positive thoughts! :)