This Disappears When Logged In

has your preference changed?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rakoladycz, Nov 3, 2007.

?

has your preference changed?

1. yes

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. no

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  3. just picked up other to cause a tie

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

When i was younger I loved snakes I thought they were the coolest thing ever. After owning a few i still love them but i feel my preference has changed
    I currently only have a single monitor, but i terribly want a Mali Uromastyx, I feel like my preference from when i first started owning herps has changed to lizards.

I was just curious if anyone else feels like their preference has changed since they first started herping

2. caudalis_sa

caudalis_sa Elite Member

changes all the time....sometimes i am really amped on chameleons then other times snakes, then geckos, then monitors etc etc etc :D

most of all field herping any type of reptile. But i can see what you mean. Chameleons were my first reptile love tho. I think my preferences just GROW, not change.

3. venus

venus Founding Member

It does change all the time Dev, lol.

4. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Nope; always have been -- probably always will be -- a snake person!
    Although my preference in the snake realm has changed some (from boas to pythons!) :)

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

I just can't shake the frogs. :) *ribbit*

6. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Mine hasn't changed. I prefer lizards. lol (Though I love the snakes as well.)

7. travisgecko...

travisgecko... Elite Member

i first had a interest in chameleons but there to uhh still for me...

thats why i like the leopard gecko now and i have one there move a little more and smaller

8. Typhanie

Typhanie Elite Member

That's too difficult for me to say "yes" or "no" to. I discover a new love with each pet. I've had a lot of different types of reptiles over the years, and each time I get one, I love them for their individual personalities.

I don't know that I ever went into keeping reptiles because of one type specifically, so I can't honestly say that my preference has changed. Especially since my last three have been adoptions from homes that didn't want them.

9. Spikes the name

Spikes the name Elite Member

Nope mine hasn't changed.
    I still love them all and still want them all
    lol
    :)

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

That would be hard to say. I think I would have to chose "none of the above!" ;)
    Like Devon I go thru periods when one species, or even one individual, may facinate me a bit more but its never been about snakes versus lizards or anything like that.

11. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

Mine has "Evolved"! I actually started out with tropical fish! But, as luck would have it, There is a pet store less than 3 blocks from me that sells Fish, birds, Tarantulas, Scorpions, as well as many lizards and snakes.
    I started off going there for fish supplies. They have a "Reptile Room". I started checking out the reptiles and eventually got a Savannah Monitor hatchling. I always loved lizards, I had an Iguana several years ago that died from metabolic bone disease. That was in 1985. I was 19 and didn't know squat.
    I got another Ig about 1992 and sold it later on. He was big enough to draw blood.
    I got my Sav this past spring. Then I got a Ball python.
    I've since gotten a veiled Chameleon and two Iguanas.
    But I still want a Columbian red tail Boa.
    So I guess I'm leaning to the snake side a little. It seems snakes are easier to care for. My Ball only eats once a week.
    But in the end I'm fascinated by them all!

12. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

I guess I went from snakes to lizards.(I still love snakes though)
    I am sooo glad that I dont live right next to a petstore! I'd have to put my credit cards in the freezer! :eek:

13. Murder Serpent

Murder Serpent Elite Member

Nope! I've always been into colubrids. I do have a couple savu pythons and a rosy boa, the pythons are very similar in behavior to colubrids but the boa...eh its just like a lazy slug, not a lot of character.

14. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Though this is an old post I seemed to have missed it. I started as a snaker, will always be a snaker. I currently have snakes, lizards, turtles, tortoises, and salamanders though I never thought I would get into other herps besides snakes. I've grown to love all my herp friends........but if I had a choice..........snakes hands down !!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.