This Disappears When Logged In

Happy 21st Bitis!!!

Discussion in 'Birthday Wishes' started by derbylad, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Just be sure to let us know the website when the pictures show up! :p ;)

2. Joe

Joe Elite Member

Don't worry Merlin I'll be sure to get some pics!!!

They can be used as bartering tools!!! :D

3. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Good call Joe !!!

4. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Happy Birthday Rachel....

Hope you are having a great time....21 eh? I was married 2 years when I turned 21....a long time ago....lol....Lyn

5. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Happy Birthday!

I hope you have a great birthday! :D

6. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Happy B-day Rach!

Enjoy yourself and have one from me! :)

7. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Thanks for all your posts guys! I had a great birthday, and there's more to come - we go home this weekend to have more bday celebrations with my family!

So far I received clothes and money, and I know what my mum's giving me - money for driving lessons, watch out drivers on the road, hehehe Rachel's coming!! :D :p

Oh, and how could I forget.. I got this little fella (our landlady bred him) - not a herp,. in fact some of my herps would love to eat him I'm sure!! - but a cutie. He's called Timmy.. :)

[P.S. Lyn - wouldn't a nice ring just be the perfect 21st bday present of all time?! Hmm, me thinks Joe will be laughing and running a mile when he reads this!! :p ]

Attached Files:

8. Bitis Gabonica

And here's me and a few of my friends celebrating my birthday - there's myself, Joe, my mates Louise, Lesley and Kim, my friend Kate, and my brother Richard - thought I would embarass them by posting their pics on the net :p Sorry, not so many, the rest are not really suitable for the forum!

Attached Files:

9. Joe

Joe Elite Member

Ha Ha Ha :D :D

....now...

RUN AWAY!!!!

10. Bitis Gabonica

11. Merlin

LMAO!
    Rach It looks like you had a GREAT time! ;)

12. Bitis Gabonica

Thanks Merlin, I sure did. Looking forward to tomorrow.. we're going for a "posh, family meal".. I'm way too suspicious to accept this, I'm sure my mum has something planned... we shall see. Should be fun! :D

Btw, how do you like Timmy? -he's in a sulk with me today, because when we let him out to fly last night he landed on the rats' cage, and promptly got bitten! Oops, don't think they will be friends for long!! :p

13. Merlin

Timmy is cute. ****atiels are great birds but can be a bit noisy. My "Izzy" is capable of some very aggravating screeching at times!
    That is why I keep both my birds' wings clipped. It isn't hard to do and it keeps them from getting into dangerous situations or accidently going out an open door.
    We have a big mirror in the living room that, for a while, had a perfect dust outline of Izzy with his wings outspread from where he splattered into it! :eek:

14. Bitis Gabonica

Haha I have images of squashed bird now :p Timmy is still young, and just learning to fly, so he is not too great yet, but he will learn. If he can't land straight away he panics and crashes into whatever happens to be there.. so far he hasn't injured himself, and I know it's not really funny, but you can't help but giggle at the poor mite! :p I don't like clipped wings, just a personal opinion and choice, Timmy will be fine as he grows in age and confidence. Anyway, he gave the rats a good nip back I'm sure, as well as my finger!! :D And so far, the noise is not too bad - I'm trying to teach him how to talk, I can see it being a long and slow process :p

15. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Rachel
    I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday, I can tell by the pics it was a great time, wish some of us could have been there to share it with you....

16. Merlin

I understand. ;) I have tried a few times letting them go unclipped. However being as strong a flier as cokatiels are they aren't too manuverable in the house. They tend to fly into things such as walls! And hit very hard! I also tend to leave the cages open and it would be very easy for them to fly into a boiling pot on the stove or something else hazardous. :eek:
    IMO its safer for them to be restricted. They still have enough flight ability for short flights or to keep themselves from getting injured if they fall off of something.

17. Bitis Gabonica

I understand.. it can often be safer for them - esp. if they are likely to hurt themselves. It would also prevent them from flying off.. like when I was 3yrs old and I thought my gran's bird might want some fresh air, so I let him out of his cage in the back garden.. needless to say we never saw him again!! :p

Thanks Ken! Wish you could have all been here too, would have been lovely to share my birthday with you guys.

18. SpeacilK

SpeacilK Elite Member

so this is a cokateil your talking about? how are they? as pets? i bred budgies for a while but now i only have a few left and was thinking of getting a different kind of bird.thanks. and glad you had a good bitis.

19. Merlin

Yes. My Izzy is a great bird though somewhat noisy. And he is definately a one person bird. He whistles and talks and is very personable.
    If you live with someone that likes quiet (or in apartments with thin walls LOL) they aren't very practical.

20. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Great pics Rachel, and I missed it all, :( wish I could of been there too, Timmy looks great :p , bet he isnt as noisy as Cheeky, :D glad you had a great time hun, and enjoy your meal... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.