This Disappears When Logged In

Handling: How Much is Too Much?

Discussion in 'Hog Island Boas' started by Cyclura08, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Cyclura08

Cyclura08 Well-Known Member

What is considered "overhandling" when it comes to boas? Aside from not handling when in shed, after eating etc...i pretty much handle mine all the time. and by all the time i mean 1-2 times every day for 30mins-1hour. He's calmed down since i got him, eats well, and is pretty active at night.

I really dont want to stress the little guy out. He just sits and chills around my shoulders while im studying at night but obviously i'm concerned about overdoing it.

any advice?

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

If you see anything that indicates he might be stressed, you can always tone the handling down a bit, but if he is acting normal, eating and pooping and doing everything else normal, I wouldn't worry too much.

3. Cyclura08

Cyclura08 Well-Known Member

no signs of stress thus far. I've only fed him once so he hasnt defecated yet although he did pass some urates all over my bed the other night. Had to completely change my bedspread at like 11pm lol....oh the things we put up with for our animals :)

Thanks Hun!

4. snubber

snubber Elite Member

Also if you dont notice the signs they will sometimes let you know with a strike or two. My baby boa does that some times. I usually take her out while reading the forums and before I realize she has been out for almost an hour and is getting irritated. She has only struck at me a few times.