This Disappears When Logged In

Hail From Eugene, Or

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by N3rdM3tal, Nov 10, 2017.

1. N3rdM3tal

N3rdM3tal New Member

Very much a novice herp keeper. My wife and I really enjoyed establishing a bioactive aquarium and when given the opportunity to buy a beardie hatchling from her coworker who breeds them we jumped on it. So now we have a beardie in a bio viv. At the time of posting it is still being established. Breeding some isopods to add to the cleanup crew. Attached are a pic of the setup (it is almost done) and Captain Hook our yet unsexed beardie. It was hatched Aug 30, 2017

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to HC!
    You have an issue. Those temperature tapes are not applicable in a terrarium. They are designed around a water filled aquarium which becomes a solid object. In an air filled terrarium, they register the temp of the glass wall, not the air in the cage.
    Think touching an outside window glass in winter. That is not the temp in the house. You need a good digital thermometer.

3. N3rdM3tal

N3rdM3tal New Member

Since that pic was taken we got an exoterra liquid crystal stick on. Not perfect I know. Digital is next but it is having to be incremental. We started buying bits for the setup a while back in parts. Getting a digital soon